• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thoughts on this shoe?

kingxxxman

Reaction score
mmmm what do you think of these shoes? http://www.zappos.com/polo-ralph-lau...en-canvas-grey

I am a teen in HS. What would i wear to pull that off with these shoes? and do i wear them with socks or? The color scheme on the site is sorta different from real life. The ones in real life is grey canvas and blue pony. rest is white.

brozeus

Reaction score
If you like that style, just get Vans...

Peak and Pine

Reaction score
Originally Posted by brozeus

High school's still big on showing off logos and stuff I'm guessing, so I won't try to sway you from that (for now). Just about everything Polo produces falls into the prep category, so best with khakis, seersucker, shorts even. Sockless fine, probably preferable. The remark above about fleeing from them; some guys just like to hear themselves talk.

mondayc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by brozeus
Unless you'd rather pay an extra $20 to have that pony label.

And ****.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do whatever you want if you're going for a "certain high school look."

In reality, they're pretty mediocre and you'd do better (and cheaper) buying Vans authentics/slips.

kingxxxman

Reaction score
yeah im trying to go for a classy/preppy/clean look at high school. next year is junior year. and the only reason i was even considering these shoes at all was because they are only 20 bucks at marshalls....

Peak and Pine

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kingxxxman
yeah im trying to go for a classy/preppy/clean look at high school. next year is junior year. and the only reason i was even considering these shoes at all was because they are only 20 bucks at marshalls....

I think you've answered your own question. Go for 'em.

(Being decades older than you, the only thing we had in high school with a logo on it were Chuck Taylors and boy did we ever try to show those babies off.)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics