• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thoughts on this Shades of Greige Hoodie?

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
http://www.tobi.com/product/11693-sh...color_id=13848

what are your thoughts about this hoodie, design-wise?

Also, I'm curious about the fit and quality. I have a 35.5 chest, 30/31 waist, and 17.5 shoulders, so I'm pretty skinny. I don't know whether I would get a small or medium for this hoodie.

I just also purchased this hoodie from. B.son in a size small:
http://www.revolveclothing.com/b/Pro...code=BSON-MO17

But I'm liking the design of the shades hoodie better and might cancel the B.son one (it hasn't shipped yet, plus it's late at night).

Any input/opinions would be greatly appreciated!

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks like the kangaroo pocket is split in two by the outer zipper. If that's true, is there enough space for your right hand in there? :p Beyond that, I like the design, though the fabric seems a bit bland. Then again, I'm smitten by my new EG hoodie, and I really like the W+H Tiger Fleeces, too... the speckled fleece is pretty cool.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks for the input.

What online stores sell W+H and EG hoodies? I'm interested in those as well.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Shades of Greige has always had really, really bad quality, but I've heard rumors that it's better this season.

pinoy

Reaction score
^ +1

My main issue with SoG is their quality– really terrible stuff. The stitching feels like it's about to fall apart after a wash.. Considering that hoodie is $143, I'd save your pennies and invest in a W+H or EG hoodie. Lastly, about the sizing– I'd definitely get a small.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Alright, thanks guys.

I really want to get a EG or W+H hoodie, but cant find any online stores that carry them.

As for sizing, get a small with those two brands as well?

Brutus

Reaction score
I've got a few SoG items. A few are horrible quality-wise but are still in one piece (had for a while) and one or two seem to be of quality build...of course that's relative. Good cuts for the price I think.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
EG hoodies are actually cheaper than that SoG one. You can find Wings + Horns at Blackbird (phone orders).

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brutus
I've got a few SoG items. A few are horrible quality-wise but are still in one piece (had for a while) and one or two seem to be of quality build...of course that's relative. Good cuts for the price I think.

I ordered one of their hoodie/jackets from Revolve and the zipper broke off as I was trying to zip it up. Revolve offered to ship me a new one at no cost, but I declined. For me there's just so many other slim fitting brands at that same price point (or a slight bit more) with much better materials and construction, it's not worth the risk or hassle.

junebugmm

Reaction score
I second on the opinion that SoG stuff are pretty mediocre quality.
I bought one of their button-down shirts, but honestly, same kinds of shirts
from local malls are constructed more tightly and finely than the SoG shirts.

And for their price, it looks awkwardly cheap.
But I do like their fit, though. I just hope it was better made.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GreenFrog
Alright, thanks guys.

I really want to get a EG or W+H hoodie, but cant find any online stores that carry them.

As for sizing, get a small with those two brands as well?

Hejfina, Farinelli's, and Rakuten. Also, you could probably do a phone order with Ian.

rocks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm selling a new w&h terry coated hoodie, size small. Check the b&s forum or just search recent threads started by me.

rjakapeanut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yea i really like this hoodie as well, was considering purchasing it for sure next week (or eventually, depends on how i'm feeling about it) until the quality complaints surfaced in this thread...now i'm having second thoughts...

all of the engineered garments stuff i found on hejfina was really, really atrocious looking though lol so idk.

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have that b. son hoodie. almost over a year now, and i still love the hell out of it. SoG is a decently-priced brand but what other people are saying about the quality is on point. b. son you can get a lot of wear out of and it's comfortable as hell. just be sure you don't get it confused with the lower-quality "B100" line at urban outfitters. they made a very similar hoodie, as well as some other knits, but the construction and fabric is crap.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads