• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thoughts on this Kiton sportscoat?

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you can get newer-styled (i.e. higher gorge) used Kiton suits for less than that, and NWT Brioni and such, if not Kiton, suits for the same price.

That said, if you like it, at least you know the quality is tops.

horton

Reaction score
ditto.

You can even get NWT for that price with some patience. Or you can get a new Isaia from Sierra Trading Post.

Having said that, if you haven't worn K before, you will most likely be tremendously pleased with how comfortable the jacket is -- like wearing pajamas.

I would strongly encourage going to the absolute best tailor you can for alterations if any are needed so as not to upset the jacket's balance.

paeday

Reaction score
Ouch! Well thanks for the info guys, you live and learn I guess. This is my biggest Ebay purchase by far and the seller looked good so I bit.
This will be my first Kiton and my other high end piece is a Borelli. Any comment in terms of fit compared to a Borelli?

I do have another question about the jacket. Do you think the lower gouge makes it look really dated or is it still in the realm of classic?

Thanks again...other comments are welcome......I'll make sure I ask what you guys think again before I jump into a purchase like this again.

PD

pkincy

Reaction score
Hey, you got your first Kiton. That is worth something. I think you will find the styling timeless enough that it will be fine.

The perspective of the picture and wide angle lens appears to have shown it as having a lower button stance than is likely in person.

Wear it and enjoy.

Perry

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by paeday
Ouch! Well thanks for the info guys, you live and learn I guess. This is my biggest Ebay purchase by far and the seller looked good so I bit.
This will be my first Kiton and my other high end piece is a Borelli. Any comment in terms of fit compared to a Borelli?

I do have another question about the jacket. Do you think the lower gouge makes it look really dated or is it still in the realm of classic?

Thanks again...other comments are welcome......I'll make sure I ask what you guys think again before I jump into a purchase like this again.

PD

First off, you did make a good call about the seller- he posts here as Carlo and is very well regarded. Owns Carlo Franco, which makes very nice shirts and ties.

As far as the jacket goes, on closer inspection, the gorge isn't really that bad. I do find the cloth a bit dating, but I think that the overall fit and quality of the garment will override that. (Also, it's probably worth restating that gorge and button stance are different things. The Kiton 3-roll-2 buttoning seems to be rather constant across the decades.)

Check out the sellers in the Ebay sticky.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wondered what you forum members thought about this Kiton
It would be nice if you could post some pics after you get the jacket. High/low gorge, button stance, etc...doesn`t matter as long it looks good on you.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Edward Appleby
First off, you did make a good call about the seller- he posts here as Carlo and is very well regarded. Owns Carlo Franco, which makes very nice shirts and ties.
FYI, that seller is not Chuck (aka, 'Carlo'), who sells as 'sartorialsolutions' on ebay.

Carlo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL - no that isn't me, I'd have had the picture in better focus and will tease Brian about that. Brian - check that damned template and make sure it does not auto-specify width and height.

The seller is legit, the jacket is not old. You may find a NWT Kiton at Neiman's last Call for the same price but would not likely find one in your size and a pattern you like. If it is perfect condition as stated then you got a near new Kiton for the price of a new Hart Schaffner Marx.

...think you did fine as long as you like it and it fits. Old? Nah... the super high button stance is a trend that is already going away.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Carlo
LOL - no that isn't me, I'd have had the picture in better focus and will tease Brian about that. Brian - check that damned template and make sure it does not auto-specify width and height.
D'oh! I always confuse you guys' ebay IDs.

jmatt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlanC
FYI, that seller is not Chuck (aka, 'Carlo'), who sells as 'sartorialsolutions' on ebay.
No - but if I recall, Chuck knows the other seller (as is seemingly implied by Chuck's comment above) and even helped him set up his ebay business, and this seller is also typically highly recommended. Correct me if I'm wrong, Chuck.

Carlo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep... I know Brian and I gave him some technical assistance with photography and html and a suggestion that he lose that ugly ass dummy :)

He's good peeps, has good stuff and is honest.

Asked him about this one and he said it was a 2004 Kiton so there ya go on the 'dated' problem.
Funny sidenote: After he went to the template he's using it was REAL similar to mine and he got lots of ugly emails from people who thought he stole it :)

OK, I guess that wasn't funny for him.

Seriously - he has good stuff and will take care of you... even if his mannequin is so ugly the dog won't play with it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads