• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thoughts on this Kiton jacket? Fit issues?

deaddog

Reaction score
what do you guys think of this kiton? I'll 0robably wear with jeans, as well as trousers (albeit not at the same time!) Is Kiton a super-slim fit? I'm told this is a 52 european with a 46" chest - which sounds generous to me. Also, do you think it will roll to a 2 or 2.5 and just looks a little high due to 3rd button being buttoned?

Thanks for any input

johninla

Reaction score
Have to say, it doesn't look like Kiton to me. And, personally, I don't like three button jackets. I never understood why that caught on. Three buttons tend to make everyone look boxy. All that said, I love Kiton. Nothing fits better. Sorry if I've only confused.

deaddog

Reaction score
Here are pix of label - do they look real? Anything in particular about jacket suggest to any of you that it is a fake?
Thanks

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Usually, on the Italian jackets, a 52E is closer to a 41-42 US. Hence, I would be sceptical of the 46" measurement. I would more associate the 46" measurement with a 54E, which is closer to a 43 US sizing. That said, this could be a problem with how the seller is taking the measurement. I would ask for detail as to how the measurement is taken and appraise based on the response. Good luck!

pkincy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by marc237
Usually, on the Italian jackets, a 52E is closer to a 41-42 US. Hence, I would be sceptical of the 46" measurement. I would more associate the 46" measurement with a 54E, which is closer to a 43 US sizing. That said, this could be a problem with how the seller is taking the measurement. I would ask for detail as to how the measurement is taken and appraise based on the response. Good luck!

I concur. I have 3 Kitons (a suit and 2 sportcoats bought at NM) and they are all e54. I have a 42 inch chest and wear comfortably jackets that are 45-46 inches in the chest. And they wear like they are in that chest size range.

I would be concerned that the e52 would be too tite for you if you are used to wearing a US 42.

And at the price of used Kiton, I would be afraid to buy one unless I had been to a large market NM and tried on the Kiton e52 to see if it fit me.

Perry

horton

Reaction score
Originally Posted by marc237

I agree with the above and just add the following: on almost all jackets I'm a 40 or 50(IT), but for Kiton I prefer a 51 or 52 (IT). I think it's because they run a little slimmer. I wear 40/50 for Zegna, Isaia, Barbera, RLPL and most Belvest. For Kiton though 40/50 is a shade too tight

I think the jacket is probably real and that the question above about authenticity is probably a result of the weird looking lapels. I think, however, if the top button were undone the jacket would look like what we all attribute to Kiton.

You might consider contacting the ebayer about the measurement questions and even try and work out in advance if he'd take a return minus shipping and re-stocking if the jacket didn't fit, or at least get more clarity on how things are measured.

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd have to see the jacket on the person planning to wear it, before commenting on fit. The Kiton jackets that I've tried on, didn't conform to my body, at all. Not enough structure, for me to feel comfortable wearing them.

Full Canvas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deaddog
what do you guys think of this kiton? I'll 0robably wear with jeans, as well as trousers (albeit not at the same time!) Is Kiton a super-slim fit? I'm told this is a 52 european with a 46" chest - which sounds generous to me. Also, do you think it will roll to a 2 or 2.5 and just looks a little high due to 3rd button being buttoned?

The jacket in your photos is a genuine Kiton despite early opinion before your addition of the photos showing the inner tags. The interior composition tag and the size tag are correctly located. It would look great with jeans. Mrs. FC has what I believe is that same cloth on one of her ladies' Kiton garments. It's a lovely fabric.

I find Kiton to be rather full cut for me. However, I am unfamiliar with the exact torso specification that Braun orders from Kiton. See my remarks below.

Originally Posted by kitonbrioni
I have a number of Kiton suits and jackets, and would say none are a slim fit.

Normally, for RTW I wear a 40 in both Oxxford and Brioni. Every 40(e50) I have tried from Kiton was far too roomy. My few Kiton items, all made to Bergdorf's specification, are 39 and my tailor still needed to work on the silhouette to prevent the jacket from resembling BB sack jacket.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johninla
I don't like three button jackets. I never understood why that caught on. Three buttons tend to make everyone look boxy.
rolleyes.gif

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johninla
I never understood why that caught on. Three buttons tend to make everyone look boxy.

They caught on many decades ago because some people, such as yours truly, prefer them and look good in them.

horton

Reaction score
I wonder why my Kiton run slim. I have one from Korshak and two from Louis. I wonder if they order them trimmer than NM, Bergdorf etc?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads