• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thoughts on this jacket....

NeverFullyDressed

Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying a new light blazer for the summer and have found this one from Pakeman Catto and Carter, it's an Italian cotton light blue striped one. Is the style (i'm thinking of the fairly wide lapels compared to today's high street offerings) okay or a no no - in terms of looking too old fashioned?

Any opinion, constructive that is! is appreicated.

prod_1023.jpg

http://www.pakeman.co.uk/product/102...et_Blue_Stripe

Savoir

Reaction score
It does not look very modern indeed, but it is definitely not out of boundries. If you like this style of lapels and such, go for it.
bigstar[1].gif

NeverFullyDressed

Reaction score
Thanks Savoir, will put it on my wish list
smile.gif

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
I like it. Definitely summery and I feel like the "less-modern" detailing in the lapels and cut will actually help you pull it off. I feel that narrow lapels and an overly skinny look would make it look like a cheap jacket made by a company trying to push the trendy boundaries of seersucker.

My one question would be what trousers you'd consider wearing with this. While my initial inclination was cream or white pants, I feel this jacket requires a neutral (read: white) shirt. While you might also be able to get away with a pale yellow, do you fear that the jacket encourages an overdose of white when worn?

Feel free to tell me that you can never have too much white. Just my concern.

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like it.

NeverFullyDressed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bourbonbasted
I like it. Definitely summery and I feel like the "less-modern" detailing in the lapels and cut will actually help you pull it off. I feel that narrow lapels and an overly skinny look would make it look like a cheap jacket made by a company trying to push the trendy boundaries of seersucker.

My one question would be what trousers you'd consider wearing with this. While my initial inclination was cream or white pants, I feel this jacket requires a neutral (read: white) shirt. While you might also be able to get away with a pale yellow, do you fear that the jacket encourages an overdose of white when worn?

Feel free to tell me that you can never have too much white. Just my concern.

Thanks guys for the input, opened an interesting discussion re what to wear with it. I think it would go with a neutral trouser colour, white linen maybe, and a if a white shirt is worn with it it should be brokwn up with the stripes and background of the jacket, that way there's not too much colour overload. The adventurous might even want to sport a pale pink with it maybe!

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't like the button hole stitching color.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics