Thoughts on this jacket....

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NeverFullyDressed, Jun 6, 2011.

1. NeverFullyDressed

NeverFullyDressed Senior member

I'm thinking of buying a new light blazer for the summer and have found this one from Pakeman Catto and Carter, it's an Italian cotton light blue striped one. Is the style (i'm thinking of the fairly wide lapels compared to today's high street offerings) okay or a no no - in terms of looking too old fashioned?

Any opinion, constructive that is! is appreicated.

[​IMG]

http://www.pakeman.co.uk/product/102...et_Blue_Stripe

2. Savoir

Savoir Member

It does not look very modern indeed, but it is definitely not out of boundries. If you like this style of lapels and such, go for it. [​IMG]

3. NeverFullyDressed

Thanks Savoir, will put it on my wish list [​IMG]

4. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

5. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Cyber Eliitist

I like it. Definitely summery and I feel like the "less-modern" detailing in the lapels and cut will actually help you pull it off. I feel that narrow lapels and an overly skinny look would make it look like a cheap jacket made by a company trying to push the trendy boundaries of seersucker.

My one question would be what trousers you'd consider wearing with this. While my initial inclination was cream or white pants, I feel this jacket requires a neutral (read: white) shirt. While you might also be able to get away with a pale yellow, do you fear that the jacket encourages an overdose of white when worn?

Feel free to tell me that you can never have too much white. Just my concern.

6. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

I like it.

7. NeverFullyDressed

I like it. Definitely summery and I feel like the "less-modern" detailing in the lapels and cut will actually help you pull it off. I feel that narrow lapels and an overly skinny look would make it look like a cheap jacket made by a company trying to push the trendy boundaries of seersucker.

My one question would be what trousers you'd consider wearing with this. While my initial inclination was cream or white pants, I feel this jacket requires a neutral (read: white) shirt. While you might also be able to get away with a pale yellow, do you fear that the jacket encourages an overdose of white when worn?

Feel free to tell me that you can never have too much white. Just my concern.

Thanks guys for the input, opened an interesting discussion re what to wear with it. I think it would go with a neutral trouser colour, white linen maybe, and a if a white shirt is worn with it it should be brokwn up with the stripes and background of the jacket, that way there's not too much colour overload. The adventurous might even want to sport a pale pink with it maybe!

8. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

hate the ticket pocket but like it otherwise.

9. Lord Byron

Lord Byron Member

10. pvrhye

pvrhye Senior member

Wide lapels, high gorge and ticket pocket is very contemporary. Sounds like you're describing the Tom Ford catalog.

11. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

I don't like the button hole stitching color.