• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thoughts on this Coach Bag

norymeoreason41

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JohnGalt
http://usa.hermes.com/webapp/wcs/sto...56621&nbItem=0

obviously

Naw, I already have that one - it's my beater. I'm looking for something a little snazzier.
smile.gif

rickimky

Reaction score
+1 on not being a coach fan. I'd say if you really want a coach bag, go to the coach factory outlet. You could probably find a similar one for half the price and only then would it be worth the money spent.

83glt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't buy ANY Coach bag. Quality is below inferior. I received one as a gift and it started falling apart after less than a year's worth of use. I did not abuse the bag. It simply couldn't hold up to daily use. Waste of money.

Professor Chaos

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 83glt
I wouldn't buy ANY Coach bag. Quality is below inferior. I received one as a gift and it started falling apart after less than a year's worth of use. I did not abuse the bag. It simply couldn't hold up to daily use. Waste of money.
Was it counterfeit?

83glt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Professor Chaos
Was it counterfeit?

Not unless Coach has taken to selling counterfeit bags at their retail stores. I found a vintage Tusting bag in great condition on ebay for 1/10th of what was paid for the Coach bag. It's handmade in England and the quality difference from the made in China or wherever Coach bag is immense. The materials are much higher quality, let alone the craftsmanship. I guess others may have had their own experience, but from my experience you might as well flush money down the toilet as buy a Coach bag.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If it opens at the top ... thereby offering ease of access ... it is superior to any bag that buckels to the side ... including those by Hermes, Swaine Adeney, etc. Oh how I dislike my new side-buckling briefcase.

Perhaps I should say did dislike. It's in a trash can at SFO.

norymeoreason41

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback from everyone. I finally settled on this Jack Georges Sienna in cognac:
sienna_7422%20lg.jpg

Professor Chaos

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 83glt
Not unless Coach has taken to selling counterfeit bags at their retail stores. I found a vintage Tusting bag in great condition on ebay for 1/10th of what was paid for the Coach bag. It's handmade in England and the quality difference from the made in China or wherever Coach bag is immense. The materials are much higher quality, let alone the craftsmanship. I guess others may have had their own experience, but from my experience you might as well flush money down the toilet as buy a Coach bag.
but you said you received it as a gift, right? Was there a receipt? How can you be sure it was from a coach store? I don't know anything about coach bags. I have a buffalo leather coach wallet that a friend bought me once, and it's great. Apart from a vintage belt I picked up for my wife, that's all the experience I have (or want, tbh) with coach. But most manufacturers have a 1+ year warranty on leather goods. You really could have had it repaired/replaced, assuming it wasn't counterfeit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads