• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thoughts on this Burberry suit?

forbritisheyes

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Last edited:

Bexcellence

Reaction score
That model looks freaking anorexic. You should post this in the Quick Questions/Quick Answers thread. Did you even ******* bother talking to one of the CS reps they have on chat? It's supposed to be half-canvassed constructed "entirely in Italy".

Yes, but is that GOOD?

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No it's not comparable in quality.

It's half canvassed.

Also, RLBL uses Holland and sherry fabrics.

Mr Engineer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lapels are too skinny for my taste and I am not a fan of single vent jackets

forbritisheyes

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Yes, but is that GOOD?
I think you need to do your own research instead of asking people to do it for you because you're too lazy to.

A lot of these guys are knowledgeable, but it doesn't mean they're your errand boys. Don't ask a question that you can find answers to and expect them to serve the answer to you on a platter.

On another note, othertravel, where did you gather they use H&S? I have a couple. Doesn't indicate it anywhere. I tried searching for any posts about it too, but came up with nothing. Please enlighten me - this is very interesting.

Last edited:

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think you need to do your own research instead of asking people to do it for you because you're too lazy to.

A lot of these guys are knowledgeable, but it doesn't mean they're your errand boys. Don't ask a question that you can find answers to and expect them to serve the answer to you on a platter.

On another note, othertravel, where did you gather they use H&S? I have a couple. Doesn't indicate it anywhere. I tried searching for any posts about it too, but came up with nothing. Please enlighten me - this is very interesting.

+1

tcbrgs

Reaction score
What makes you think the suit is half canvassed? Horrible looking suit though

Ilovelobbs

Reaction score
Probably pick these up for about $150 in the outlet store soon - a size Zero would struggle to fit into this.
Quote:

12345Michael54321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, then that is a suit. I wasn't sure at first, seeing as how it more closely resembles an overly short blue jacket whose lapels have been shrunk down to practically nothing by an evil wizard, worn with a pair of blue tights.

Still, it's a nice example of concentration camp chic. Heroin chic is so yesterday.

BTW, I think the model's complexion is slightly more tan than the ideal. It looks like he was almost certainly exposed to sunlight for at least a few moments, probably not more than 5 years ago.

(Lest I be criticized for ignoring the OP's fundamental question, no, there is no real reason for assuming the suit in question is of RLBL quality. Which isn't really that big a drawback, given that the suit will be laughably out-of-fashion long before any shortcoming in construction would be likely to become an issue.)

gringodaddy

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'll echo the sentiments of the other posters. Horribly thin lapels, way too narrow and short a cut, and single vented. Certainly not worth the price for these reasons. You can do much much better for $1200.

Last edited:

dohare

Reaction score
the lapels would look hilarious on any man of normal stature and size. not a fan of the stitching on the lapel/pockets...im sure there's a correct term for this. I don't think there's a problem with single vented suits though..seems like a preference. - should be noted I only own double vented suits though

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads