1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on this brioni jacket

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by drizzt3117, Sep 2, 2004.

1. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

2. acole

acole Senior member

I wouldn't try to dress down an orphaned suit jacket like that with jeans, personally, though others might.  I'd go with black or even olive hi-twist wool trousers.  I'm not so sure about the red polo the seller suggested...I'd probably stick with a spread-collar shirt and maybe a tie + pocket square, myself.  If the jacket is on the darker side (hard to tell from the photo; it looks overexposed), try a medium-blue/white Bengal-stripe spread collar with an olive/burgundy striped tie.  I also have this mental picture of Ralph Lauren carrying it off with a matching black polo or fine-gauge black cashmere T-neck.

3. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

funny thing about the bengal stripe spread collar, I actually have a T&A shirt in exactly that pattern/color, so I may try it with that, sans tie, with some darker pants of some shade, perhaps my oxxford charcoal slacks. I think there are a few diff looks that you can pull off with this jacket, and I have very few db items in my wardrobe, so I think it was a decent pickup.

4. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

It looks like a light grey/black birdseye. That's not a sportcoat fabric, and it's double breasted. I'd steer clear, as I do not think it would look right with odd trousers.

5. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Hmm, I have some items that it may match with... I guess you don't like db sportcoats with non-matching pants? I thought it might be kinda an interesting look but I guess we'll find out since I already bought it [​IMG]