• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Thoughts on these shoes??

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They appear to be corrected grain leather

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are $75, if you like them buy them.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The style would be okay if they hadn't added that weird extra line of stitching around the heel. If they are corrected grain, which 'polished leather' suggests, than I would avoid them.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kcshuffle
http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline...ategory=127607

I like these better, and they are obviously better quality. Unfortunantely they are also double the price. Decisions, Decisions

Just trying to find a decent shoe that I can dress up with slacks, or dress down with jeans and a blazer.

They may be twice the price, but they will probably last ten times as long. Get the AEs.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

in stitches

Kung Joo
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
not my taste at any price sorry

Sazerac

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kcshuffle
http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline...ategory=127607

I like these better, and they are obviously better quality. Unfortunantely they are also double the price. Decisions, Decisions

Just trying to find a decent shoe that I can dress up with slacks, or dress down with jeans and a blazer.

I have these. Mine are poorly constructed and some of the stitching has broken loose after owning them about a month. Yes, I'm talking about the AE's.

Frihed89

Reaction score
Loafers? Almost 20 years on the Continent, and I have yet to see a fashionable dresser, formal or casual, with a pair of loafers. No, you're in the US, so I understand. Haha, my wife made me throw away all my Bass penny and tassle loafers. What a sad day. But I've adjusted.

ssfilez

Reaction score
Hi kcshuffle, the design of this shoe looks fine to me and the price is also affordable so I think you should purchase this item. However, I still suggest for you to keep on looking then compare this one with the others that you have chosen. (And, disregard the price if you are not bothered by expensive costs.)

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.