• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thoughts on these Santoni's?

kali77

Reaction score
I just purchased these yesterday on ebay. Wanted to get some opinions from everyone here.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

However I have a feeling they may be a little small
mad.gif
If that is the case they may end up in the FS section.

Gene

kali77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Pricewise I think you did well. Those are not what I would consider wearing in a dressy situation as the sole is quite clunky and I am not crazy about the toebox but with jeans, corduroys etc in a casual setting I think you will look fine.

Well that is not what I wanted to hear. I rarely wear black shoes. It is brown for 3/4 of the month. I even wear brown shoes with my charcoal suits 9/10 times. I purchased these for the sole(no pun intended) purpose of wearing with some darker suits. Oh well. Like I said they may not fit, if that is the case maybe it is for the best. Thanks for your input.

P.S my foot measures 10 3/4" long and 3 3/4" at the widest point. Which leads me to believe these will be too small.

Gene

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kali77
P.S my foot measures 10 3/4" long and 3 3/4" at the widest point. Which leads me to believe these will be too small.

sounds like it. Most of my shoes are at least 1+" longer than where my toe ends. depending on the shoe shape.

kali77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
sounds like it. Most of my shoes are at least 1+" longer than where my toe ends. depending on the shoe shape.

Looks like they will be off to the FS section...uugghhh
frown.gif

Gene

drljva

Reaction score
Looks like they will be off to the FS section...uugghhh
frown.gif

Gene

I disagree... I have this shoe in brown and I think it's lovely. The pictures on ebay don't do it justice. Wait till' you see it in person -- I think you'll have a different opinion once you put them on and see how good they look.
smile.gif

kali77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drljva
I disagree... I have this shoe in brown and I think it's lovely. The pictures on ebay don't do it justice. Wait till' you see it in person -- I think you'll have a different opinion once you put them on and see how good they look.
smile.gif

drljva,
They might be headed to the FS section due to size, not looks and feel. I like the look of the shoe for sure. I just think it is going to be a little small. Maybe I will see if my local shoe shop can stretch an extra 1/2-1" out.

Gene

drljva

Reaction score
drljva,
They might be headed to the FS section due to size, not looks and feel. I like the look of the shoe for sure. I just think it is going to be a little small. Maybe I will see if my local shoe shop can stretch an extra 1/2-1" out.

Gene

You might be in luck in this case, as I found that this particular shoe runs a little big. I usually wear a size 13 US; in this shoe, I bought a size 12. Hopefully you won't have any problems... it's a lovely shoe -- I like it so much that I've actually thought about buying the black version like yours.
tounge.gif
BTW, I purchased my pair from Nord. for significantly more than you paid on ebay...
sly.gif
The pair I have came with flat laces, and I think that kind of lace really goes well with the shoe. Good luck!
smile.gif

kali77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drljva
You might be in luck in this case, as I found that this particular shoe runs a little big. I usually wear a size 13 US; in this shoe, I bought a size 12. Hopefully you won't have any problems... it's a lovely shoe -- I like it so much that I've actually thought about buying the black version like yours.
tounge.gif
BTW, I purchased my pair from Nord. for significantly more than you paid on ebay...
sly.gif
The pair I have came with flat laces, and I think that kind of lace really goes well with the shoe. Good luck!
smile.gif

Thanks for the new found hope. I really hope they fit. Only time will tell now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads