Thoughts on these Santoni's?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by kali77, Jul 18, 2006.

1. kali77

kali77 Senior member

2. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

Pricewise I think you did well. Those are not what I would consider wearing in a dressy situation as the sole is quite clunky and I am not crazy about the toebox but with jeans, corduroys etc in a casual setting I think you will look fine.

3. kali77

kali77 Senior member

Pricewise I think you did well. Those are not what I would consider wearing in a dressy situation as the sole is quite clunky and I am not crazy about the toebox but with jeans, corduroys etc in a casual setting I think you will look fine.

Well that is not what I wanted to hear. I rarely wear black shoes. It is brown for 3/4 of the month. I even wear brown shoes with my charcoal suits 9/10 times. I purchased these for the sole(no pun intended) purpose of wearing with some darker suits. Oh well. Like I said they may not fit, if that is the case maybe it is for the best. Thanks for your input.

P.S my foot measures 10 3/4" long and 3 3/4" at the widest point. Which leads me to believe these will be too small.

Gene

4. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

P.S my foot measures 10 3/4" long and 3 3/4" at the widest point. Which leads me to believe these will be too small.

sounds like it. Most of my shoes are at least 1+" longer than where my toe ends. depending on the shoe shape.

5. kali77

kali77 Senior member

sounds like it. Most of my shoes are at least 1+" longer than where my toe ends. depending on the shoe shape.

Looks like they will be off to the FS section...uugghhh[​IMG]

Gene

6. drljva

drljva Senior member

Looks like they will be off to the FS section...uugghhh[​IMG]

Gene

I disagree... I have this shoe in brown and I think it's lovely. The pictures on ebay don't do it justice. Wait till' you see it in person -- I think you'll have a different opinion once you put them on and see how good they look. [​IMG]

7. kali77

kali77 Senior member

I disagree... I have this shoe in brown and I think it's lovely. The pictures on ebay don't do it justice. Wait till' you see it in person -- I think you'll have a different opinion once you put them on and see how good they look. [​IMG]

drljva,
    They might be headed to the FS section due to size, not looks and feel. I like the look of the shoe for sure. I just think it is going to be a little small. Maybe I will see if my local shoe shop can stretch an extra 1/2-1" out.

Gene

8. drljva

drljva Senior member

drljva,
    They might be headed to the FS section due to size, not looks and feel. I like the look of the shoe for sure. I just think it is going to be a little small. Maybe I will see if my local shoe shop can stretch an extra 1/2-1" out.

Gene

You might be in luck in this case, as I found that this particular shoe runs a little big. I usually wear a size 13 US; in this shoe, I bought a size 12. Hopefully you won't have any problems... it's a lovely shoe -- I like it so much that I've actually thought about buying the black version like yours. [​IMG] BTW, I purchased my pair from Nord. for significantly more than you paid on ebay... [​IMG] The pair I have came with flat laces, and I think that kind of lace really goes well with the shoe. Good luck! [​IMG]

9. kali77

kali77 Senior member

You might be in luck in this case, as I found that this particular shoe runs a little big. I usually wear a size 13 US; in this shoe, I bought a size 12. Hopefully you won't have any problems... it's a lovely shoe -- I like it so much that I've actually thought about buying the black version like yours. [​IMG] BTW, I purchased my pair from Nord. for significantly more than you paid on ebay... [​IMG] The pair I have came with flat laces, and I think that kind of lace really goes well with the shoe. Good luck! [​IMG]

Thanks for the new found hope. I really hope they fit. Only time will tell now.