Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Thoughts on these Santoni's?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by kali77, Jul 18, 2006.

1. kali77

kali77 Senior member

2. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

Pricewise I think you did well. Those are not what I would consider wearing in a dressy situation as the sole is quite clunky and I am not crazy about the toebox but with jeans, corduroys etc in a casual setting I think you will look fine.

3. kali77

kali77 Senior member

Pricewise I think you did well. Those are not what I would consider wearing in a dressy situation as the sole is quite clunky and I am not crazy about the toebox but with jeans, corduroys etc in a casual setting I think you will look fine.

Well that is not what I wanted to hear. I rarely wear black shoes. It is brown for 3/4 of the month. I even wear brown shoes with my charcoal suits 9/10 times. I purchased these for the sole(no pun intended) purpose of wearing with some darker suits. Oh well. Like I said they may not fit, if that is the case maybe it is for the best. Thanks for your input.

P.S my foot measures 10 3/4" long and 3 3/4" at the widest point. Which leads me to believe these will be too small.

Gene

4. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

P.S my foot measures 10 3/4" long and 3 3/4" at the widest point. Which leads me to believe these will be too small.

sounds like it. Most of my shoes are at least 1+" longer than where my toe ends. depending on the shoe shape.

5. kali77

kali77 Senior member

sounds like it. Most of my shoes are at least 1+" longer than where my toe ends. depending on the shoe shape.

Looks like they will be off to the FS section...uugghhh[​IMG]

Gene

6. drljva

drljva Senior member

Looks like they will be off to the FS section...uugghhh[​IMG]

Gene

I disagree... I have this shoe in brown and I think it's lovely. The pictures on ebay don't do it justice. Wait till' you see it in person -- I think you'll have a different opinion once you put them on and see how good they look. [​IMG]

7. kali77

kali77 Senior member

I disagree... I have this shoe in brown and I think it's lovely. The pictures on ebay don't do it justice. Wait till' you see it in person -- I think you'll have a different opinion once you put them on and see how good they look. [​IMG]

drljva,
    They might be headed to the FS section due to size, not looks and feel. I like the look of the shoe for sure. I just think it is going to be a little small. Maybe I will see if my local shoe shop can stretch an extra 1/2-1" out.

Gene

8. drljva

drljva Senior member

drljva,
    They might be headed to the FS section due to size, not looks and feel. I like the look of the shoe for sure. I just think it is going to be a little small. Maybe I will see if my local shoe shop can stretch an extra 1/2-1" out.

Gene

You might be in luck in this case, as I found that this particular shoe runs a little big. I usually wear a size 13 US; in this shoe, I bought a size 12. Hopefully you won't have any problems... it's a lovely shoe -- I like it so much that I've actually thought about buying the black version like yours. [​IMG] BTW, I purchased my pair from Nord. for significantly more than you paid on ebay... [​IMG] The pair I have came with flat laces, and I think that kind of lace really goes well with the shoe. Good luck! [​IMG]

9. kali77

kali77 Senior member

You might be in luck in this case, as I found that this particular shoe runs a little big. I usually wear a size 13 US; in this shoe, I bought a size 12. Hopefully you won't have any problems... it's a lovely shoe -- I like it so much that I've actually thought about buying the black version like yours. [​IMG] BTW, I purchased my pair from Nord. for significantly more than you paid on ebay... [​IMG] The pair I have came with flat laces, and I think that kind of lace really goes well with the shoe. Good luck! [​IMG]

Thanks for the new found hope. I really hope they fit. Only time will tell now.