1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on these boots.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by skalogre, May 8, 2006.

1. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

These haven't found their way to Plal yet, but I believe he does stock the Hallam...[​IMG] http://img305.imageshack.us/img305/401/hallam1wu.jpg
    [Naughty thoughts]Ngrghggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........[/Naughty thoughts] The whole "shoe pr0n" expression is real and having a measurable effect on me [​IMG] That toe is quite something. Noticeable and elegant without being crass.

2. TKDKid

TKDKid Senior member

More pics of the C&J Tetbury here (albeit in black).

The dark brown version comes with a dainite sole, and I think the extra thickness balances out the length of the toe a bit better. I'm not sure what "nubuck" is though - it looks a little like corrected grain...?

3. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

More pics of the C&J Tetbury here (albeit in black). The dark brown version comes with a dainite sole, and I think the extra thickness balances out the length of the toe a bit better. I'm not sure what "nubuck" is though - it looks a little like corrected grain...?
    Thanks! nubuck: "This is a grain leather that has been slightly brushed on the surface to create a very fine velvet-like appearance. the texture of nubuck is finer than suede." Edit: Wow, dainite. These seem awfully nice.

4. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

Due to the incompetence of a certain hotel's staff, I've received my dark brown Tetburys several weeks late recently. I'm not sure why the skin is called "nubuck" - it certainly isn't like any nubuck I've seen, nor does it fit any definition of it I;ve ever heard. It seems like corrected grain of much better quality than the more notorious offenders. Eaerly tests showed it to be fairly resistant to water. Will make a good rain boot.

5. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Due to the incompetence of a certain hotel's staff, I've received my dark brown Tetburys several weeks late recently. I'm not sure why the skin is called "nubuck" - it certainly isn't like any nubuck I've seen, nor does it fit any definition of it I;ve ever heard. It seems like corrected grain of much better quality than the more notorious offenders. Eaerly tests showed it to be fairly resistant to water. Will make a good rain boot.

Thanks for the update - pics would be greatly appreciated.