Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Thoughts on these boots.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by skalogre, May 8, 2006.

1. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

2. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

I like the way that looks. It's like a wingtip'd chukka. The proportion problems you see don't bother me. I dig it

3. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

I wish I could get a better look at the toe - have not found any other pictures though.

4. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

I think it's a little goofy looking, mainly because of the really closely spaced lacing.

5. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

Trickers cost about the same and I prefer them by a lot. These are stuck in between styles.

6. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

I think it's a little goofy looking, mainly because of the really closely spaced lacing.

I think you nailed what I could not quite work out... the spacing is REALLY close, you're right.

Andrew, which Tricker's are you referring to?

7. aportnoy

Andrew, which Tricker's are you referring to?

I was thinking of these which are not quite the same but speak to me in a much stronger way...

[​IMG]

8. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Those are nice but I already have the Grenson Ilkley which is very similar minus the commando sole. Which I am completely enamoured with.

9. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

Really like the first -- possesd of a very clean elegance. The heavy brogueing on the second reminds me way to much of the way work boots are double stitched sometimes.

Regards,
    Huntsman

10. aportnoy

Those are nice but I already have the Grenson Ilkley which is very similar minus the commando sole. Which I am completely enamoured with.

Gotcha. The C&J Tetbury is also an excellent choice. Very sleek on the new 348 last. I believe our friend scnupe7 is an owner.

11. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Gotcha. The C&J Tetbury is also an excellent choice. Very sleek on the new 348 last. I believe our friend scnupe7 is an owner.

I wear the Ilkley a lot, the colour is just gorgeous, they take to wear really well. Every bump and scrape becomes a beauty mark [​IMG]
    The heel is a little wide naturally however they have proven themselves qwuite comfortable for extended walking. The sole picks up a lot of gravel though (a problem in Tucson - my yard is gravel also).

Tetbury... trying to find a picture somewhere... I like sleek boots so they sound intriguing.

12. aportnoy

Tetbury... trying to find a picture somewhere... I like sleek boots so they sound intriguing.

Here you go...

[​IMG]

13. Soph

Soph Senior member

You could do better. Its not elegant to me. Kind of like a cross breeding that didn't work out.

14. Soph

Soph Senior member

Here you go...

[​IMG]

--- That's what I was thinking, I'm still not sure about the toe, but it is sleek and has style.

15. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

--- That's what I was thinking, I'm still not sure about the toe, but it is sleek and has style.

I think the toe has that little "hump" I have seen before on sleeker toed shoes - probably necessary to fit the toes [​IMG]
    Those do look rather elegant Andrew; is the rear quarter collapsing due to the weight of the leather or do you think that this is just due to these being unworn examples?