• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Thoughts on these Alden boots

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think so. I have the boot in both calf and shell cordovan, and like them alot.

kylelovesyou

Reaction score
I know this question is asked in every Alden thread, but if I've never bought a pair of their shoes before, I normally wear a 10 in other shoes, would I need a 9.5 in these, or would I be better off in a 10 given I may wear heavier socks in the winter?

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kylelovesyou
I know this question is asked in every Alden thread, but if I've never bought a pair of their shoes before, I normally wear a 10 in other shoes, would I need a 9.5 in these, or would I be better off in a 10 given I may wear heavier socks in the winter?
They're on the Barrie last so if I were you I'd get a 9.5 even though you plan to wear them with heavier socks.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks! This was a very helpful thread.
By the way, I prefer the boot in shell. I like my calf ones, but I reach for the shell boots most often. They're great boots so I'm sure you'll like either version.

pendragon

Reaction score
A perfect skinhead boot. Look respectable at work, and then go and behave like a hooligan at night.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait, are the eyelets perfectly aligned?

kylelovesyou

Reaction score
I went with the calf instead of the shell, partly because I didn't want to spend another $200, but also because I really like the texture on the calf version. Can't wait to get these!

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went with the calf instead of the shell, partly because I didn't want to spend another $200, but also because I really like the texture on the calf version. Can't wait to get these!

Seriously, good choice. That burgundy scotch grain is gorgeous. You should post some pictures when they arrive.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.