1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on the Nakashima style?

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by dusty, Jan 21, 2010.

1. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Wait until you discover Wharton Esherick . . .

[​IMG]

lefty

Have you been to his house/workshop/museum in PA? It's close to my parents' home. His daughter gives tours.

2. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

I took a few pics of one of my folks' Nakashima dining tables with chairs.
    [​IMG]

What's the story on the captain's chair in the foreground? That's a beautiful chair, but unlike the others - it's very elegant.

3. lefty

lefty Senior member

Have you been to his house/workshop/museum in PA? It's close to my parents' home. His daughter gives tours.
    Not yet. It's on my list for this spring. Very nice, Douglas. Put your name on the bottom of the table now before your siblings discover what it's worth. Not Nakashima or Esherick, but my wife wants to buy this place just for the staircase: [​IMG] lefty

4. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

What's the story on the captain's chair in the foreground? That's a beautiful chair, but unlike the others - it's very elegant.

I guess you don't like the other ones, ha.

It's by an American craftsman named Robert Erickson.

Funny part is I just went to his website and he has a design he calls the "Connemara chair."

http://www.ericksonwoodworking.com/d...ara-chair.html

5. Althis

Althis Senior member

that can't be a good sign

6. mainstreetmod

mainstreetmod New Member

Just finished this conoid desk. Black Walnut. All in for $1,200.00 . Still needs final sanding and oil.
    .[​IMG]