1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on the Hex Tie

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by stylishmike, Feb 1, 2016.

What are your thoughts on the Hex Tie?

1. I love it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I wouldn't be caught dead in one

12 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. Its okay but not worth the money

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. stylishmike

stylishmike Member

Hey fellas, I'd like to hear your opinions on the Hex Tie (hextie.com)

Do you think its tacky like a clip on tie? Too flashy like you're trying to overcompensate?

I got one as a birthday gift a couple months ago and I've worn it a couple of times, and I have to say I've gotten a lot of compliments on it. I also just like the way I feel when I'm wearing it.

2. Astaroth

Astaroth Senior member

Its a comedy tie and as such is fine for fancy dress or for having a laugh/ wanting to attract attention. Wouldnt personally wear it to a business/ formal situation but hence why I hang out on the Classic menswear section rather than the more fashion forward Streetwear section.

3. david 112358

david 112358 Active Member

It's like the wooden bow ties. Not really a tie, just a parody of a tie.

4. RaggedyDandy

RaggedyDandy Senior member

Not even on someone else's neck, at the sale price.

[​IMG]

5. SixOhNine

SixOhNine Senior member

6. chobochobo

chobochobo Senior member Moderator

I'm this close to nuking this thread for spam

2 people like this.
  7. stylishmike

stylishmike Member

Ok well it's pretty clear no one likes them. Like I said, I got it as a birthday gift, I didn't go out of my way to get it. But I probably won't wear it again after seeing these responses.

8. Astaroth

Astaroth Senior member

Why not?

I wouldnt wear it but its not my style. This section is all about classic menswear and so you were never likely to get supporters for a tie that isnt wool, silk or linen.

Clothes should be about what you like and at most what your date like. Whilst I doubt this one will catch on I am sure many of these guy's ancestors were also mocking of those that replaced the cravat with a bow tie 150 years ago

9. David Reeves

David Reeves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

No.

I quite like "futuristic" and flamboyant and sometimes downright daft clothes and accessories but this really misses the mark.

1 person likes this.
  10. Sam H

Sam H Senior member

The fact it is $900 angers me on general principle, even if it's marked down

11. RaggedyDandy

RaggedyDandy Senior member

Then you probably don't want to go to the web site and see the bow ties listed for north of 1K! CHROME!

1 person likes this.
  12. David Reeves

David Reeves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I feel the "knot" ruins it aesthetically. If that was more streamlined and you wore it in a spacey kind of way with a minimal Raf Simmons vibe I could see it working. The knot probably has to be like that though to cover the collar gap......but if you had one of those goodfellas style shirts with no spread.......

Its so crazy it might work!

13. Sam H

Sam H Senior member

Haha, I mean I'm not usually one to judge. I could see a younger me getting one of these in high school maybe before I knew anything about clothing and just wanted to be subversive. Maybe wear it to jazz band performance or something. That's fine. But then I see they are actually pretending to be a luxury fashion brand. And I can picture their market: it's not people doing C3PO in a suit Halloween costumes or teenagers who want to have a silly tie, it's people who have a lot of money to spend and no taste so they are easily exploited by marketing. It's like the greasy toy collector in Toy Story 2 working inside of a luxury market of products that can only ever have been intended for enjoyment but somehow ended up with status tacked on because a bunch of tasteless idiots inserted themselves into the market and declared it a luxury market.

1 person likes this.