• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thoughts on quality of Max Verre shoes for $350-$400?

Manhappenin

Reaction score
Considering picking up a pair from shop the finest and I'm curious about SF's collective opinion.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Decent quality and construction. But also very narrow.

Quarks

Reaction score
Good for the price. I own two pairs and I vouch for them.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
from what my guy at Bergdorf tells me, they make shoes for Tom Ford.

Quality is good for the price..........styling might not be everyone's cup of tea, but if you like them then go for it.

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Under my examination, the calf leather quality is on paw with C&J, sole treatment is fancy but far from durable, last design is slightly strange. If the size fits you, it is a good comfortable shoe, with minor arch support.

Ilovelobbs

Reaction score
Considering picking up a pair from shop the finest and I'm curious about SF's collective opinion.
They make shoes for Tom Ford and the spec varies from high grade calf with true bespoke like finish to rubber sole low grade leather.

Best to post a picture of the shoes here and and rest of SF members will chime in.

For $400 on MV shoes, that's a steal...presuming it's the high end stuff.

Goodman

Reaction score
That's what I've seen as well. Some really nice some not so much. I'm curious as to who makes them. Do they have their own factory or do they design and then contract out the production. I assume it's the latter which always gives me some pause.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Max Verre is the producer (thus he makes shoes for TF).

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are these the good ones? (Pic from STF ebay site).

Ilovelobbs

Reaction score
Are these the good ones? (Pic from STF ebay site).

If these are the model for $400 - then the quality decent for the price.
Stick a TF label on and STF will charge you $1000+

The shoe not the high end stuff they make for TF.
TF high end stuff has curved heels, narrow size 0
waist and true bevel. Finishing top stuff....expect to pay over $1900 for RTW

I had a conference in Shanghai last year, walked past Plaza 66 on Nan Jing Road and
their TF RTW shoes were starting from $2600. Crazy.

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ive only really had experience with Max Verre though the shoes he makes for TF. And in my experience its hit or miss, some of them are the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned while others kill my feet. I can't really comment on the leather quality because I'm assuming some of the leathers are exclusive to TF so won't be applicable to the shoe you are looking at. Construction wise not as good as my JLP, Kiton or Cleverly RTW (high end C&J if I'm not mistaken). But i think for the 350-400 price range a shoe like the one posted above isn't that bad of a deal and might be worth looking into

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If these are the model for $400 - then the quality decent for the price.
Stick a TF label on and STF will charge you $1000+

The shoe not the high end stuff they make for TF. 
TF high end stuff has curved heels, narrow size 0
waist and true bevel. Finishing top stuff....expect to pay over $1900 for RTW

I had a conference in Shanghai last year, walked past Plaza 66 on Nan Jing Road and
their TF RTW shoes were starting from $2600. Crazy.   

Im not quite getting what you mean by "Curved heels". I have a feeling that its $2600 just in shanghai as I've heard that city is overpriced in general when it comes to designer items. Before i left NYC in december the RTW shoes at TF in non exotic leathers were still going for about $1500.

Last edited:

Anm1984

Reaction score
I have the wholecut also from STF, they are comfortable for me but are narrow and the heel is slightly higher than normal.I would buy them again (leather just as good as my Audley) and think they are great value they are however blake rapid not goodyear which some cant stand. My only caution is they are a bit more pointy then I had thought from the pictures.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads