• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thoughts on Peal and Co. Desert Boots

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It seems like they've had those in the clearance section for a long time now ;_;

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
send a PM to Countertenor if you want the firsthand scoop, I'm pretty sure he has those.

southgate house

Reaction score
I have the non boot version of that shoe and it's great. I think that they are made by Alfred Sargeant. The suede looks very nice and shoe is unlined so they are good for hot weather. Someone actually stopped me on the street the other day and asked where I bought the shoes and how much they cost.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I won't buy anything that's on sale, if I am not willing to pay retail.

This has prevented me from accumulating useless crap.

dave

Reaction score
I have them and got them the last time the had the FF discount.

I like them a lot actually. they're pretty true to size and really comfortable although the sole does feel a bit narrow under my wide-ass duck feet. Nothing drastic though.

The one gripe I have though is the crepe soles. same with any desert boot, but they do get really dirty looking. not a huge thing.

paper clip

Reaction score
Are they that much better than the (original) Clarks at $80 or so?

dave

Reaction score
oh yes. In My Opinion at least, they are vastly superior to the Clarks. I don't particularly like the clunkier styling of the Clarks and the construction isnt as nice. the BB version has a nice toe shape and the soles are not nearly as heavy looking.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
I won't buy anything that's on sale, if I am not willing to pay retail.

This has prevented me from accumulating useless crap.

If I operated by that rule, I would have no clothes! I'm not willing to ever pay retail!

ltontheqt

Reaction score
I also own these desert boots. They're very comfortable and nice looking. The fit is true. By the way, I had the same experience: a guy stopped me and asked where I got the boots.

jbw

Reaction score
i've seen those boots at brooks. the vamp is as elongated as it appears in the picture, so it has a bit of a sleek look. if that isn't what you're looking for you might want to go over to jpressonline.com and look at their desert boots (currently marked down to $150). i have these: traditional shape, thick crepe sole, lined, comfortable but on the heavy side. rebadged Alfred Sargent. they have a number of other seriously marked down AS made models that seem to have flown under the forum radar.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads