• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thoughts on light blue denim?

bsyde82

Reaction score

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're perfectly fine and those are good choices too. Light blue denim does work really well with certain colors. I like both dry denim and light denim, both have their place.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No way I could shell out that kind of cash for washed Nudies. They look like a pair of American Eagles I got on sale for $20 a few years ago. Nudies washed jeans don't hold very high regard here; I'd look at Earnest Sewn for decent washed jeans, as they can be had quite reasonably.

Ahaz

Reaction score
I'm not really a big fan. I think it comes from wearing dark denim so much. In general, it's more 'in' to wear lighter denim here in Texas, quite possibly due to people not wanting to wear dark denim in the heat, like you mentioned.

That being said, I don't think you can go wrong by having one pair of lighter jeans in your wardrobe.

slimjimcrop2mp3.jpg

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of that super washed bleach look. I'd rather wear natural looking fades or just switch to grey jeans. I'm really close to buying a pair of grey(faded black is their term) APC old cures. There are other grey jeans too that look good. I wouldn't mind having a pair of dark raw jeans, naturally faded looking jeans and a pair of grey jeans to cover some bases.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As long as you wear them appropriately they can look great.

I have a particular pair of faded jeans (a bit similiar to Ahaz's in that picture) that I wear regularly with some brown antiqued wingtips and boots. Together, both look awesome.

SGladwell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't own either of those jeans, but in the summer I break out a pair of PDC LTD's in that color family, as well as pair of light blue straightleg Diesels I think I bought in high school.

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it really depends on what kind of cast the jeans have. My helmut langs have faded to a lovely light blue/gray color...

bsyde82

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylin-1
No way I could shell out that kind of cash for washed Nudies. They look like a pair of American Eagles I got on sale for $20 a few years ago. Nudies washed jeans don't hold very high regard here; I'd look at Earnest Sewn for decent washed jeans, as they can be had quite reasonably.

yea i realize they're overpriced...so not sayin i'd pull the trigger on these for that amount...but i think the slim cut and overall better denim quality separates these jeans from the AEs and the like of the world...so i odn't think you'd get confused w/ a frat guy wearin a pair of ripped abercrombies

i like grey denim also as mentioned above...are u talkin like black/grey? i have a pair of acnes in that black trash wash which is a very faded black so its almost grey...

i wanted to get a purely grey pair but feel like thatd be a waste with what i already have...

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
STFU and stop spammin so damn much

yoyo

Reaction score
I have an old pair of jcrew very light denim that i still wear sometimes

Slamdog

Reaction score
ill be wearing my diesel zathan 772s this summer. they're pretty light, and the distressing will give them ventilation.

chicks like prewashed jeans more. they see a guy wearing sugarcane levi repros, they just wouldnt understand what it's all about.

migo

Reaction score
chronoaug I'm quoting that.
devil.gif

I always, for some reason, associated light denim with holes at the knees. That said, I do like white jeans, but that's just me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads