• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thoughts on Italian polos (Zanon, Altea, etc)

altavista

Reaction score
Zanon, Altea... Any justification for such a humongous markup apart from the "Made in Italy"?

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not familiar with polos from those brands. In general, there is always a more value positioned option.

Panama

Reaction score
I have just seen a Zanone long sleeve polo for £205.00 in Ice Cotton. This seems reasonable if it's the Spoerry 1866 Ice Cotton yarn. The material should be comparable to Sea Island or Giza 45 cotton. Their Pima Peruviano interlock polo is over priced. Altea with polyester...

Last edited:

Panama

Reaction score
Yes, that's the one. Question: is it any different from, for example, RL polo which you can find at 1/6 of a price without too much of a trouble?
Why is cashmere ten times the price of acrylic? I have recently purchased two Fedeli Giza 45 polos and a Sunspel Sea Island polo. I have around 12 John Smedley "Sea Island " polos, roll necks and sweaters. Sea Island and Giza 45 items are exquisite and probably are 0.05% of the cotton produced.

At some point I want to get Novila Giza 70 or Hanro/Zimmerli/Bresciani Sea Island boxers. Maybe some Bresciani Sea Island socks.

Gran Sasso are doing some nice Sea Island polos too.

You really have to have fine luxury cotton on your skin to understand.
I could stroke myself all day...

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads