Thoughts on Ike Behar shirts

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Razeus, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Razeus

Razeus Senior member

So some of these at TJmaxx and Off 5th Ave. outlet stores. I can pick up some good colors for about $40-50. They feel real good to the touch. I normally wear Michael Kors, Sean John, Ralph Lauren and Claiborne. They look like Oxford style, non button downs.

Edit: Shirts are normally $150 a pop. Never bought this high end of a shirt as noted above. I usually pay about $20-30 for a $50-70 shirt.

2. soileauj

soileauj Senior member

I recently bought a few at Century 21 and they are nice. Fit is good. I have several from Brooks Bros. that I prefer. I think my next purchase will be tailor made....

3. coachvu

coachvu Senior member

The are pretty baggy through the body. However, I've always been impressed by the fabric. They are well-made with split yokes and thick buttons. For $40-50, go for it. Certainly a step up, construction-wise, from what you've been wearing.

4. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

Nothing spectacular but not offensive either. If you can get them for under $75 a piece its a good value.

5. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

A discount store here had some that ultimately dropped to less than $20. There was one I liked OK but I didn't want to pay $25 for it.

6. Isaac Mickle

Isaac Mickle Well-Known Member

If the shoulders fit and you like the fit around your stomach, that's a good deal.

7. jamesbond

jamesbond Senior member

One of my tailors offers a MTM program through them for $150 per shirt. Theres no minimum order but no sample either. The tailor takes all the measurments (20, i think in all). I havent tried it yet but will probably give it a shot next time im there.

8. MrRogers

MrRogers Senior member

I bought a few for 65$ a piece and then had them taken in at the waist for 20$. For an 85$ investment, they are great shirts

MRR

9. Razeus

Razeus Senior member

Out of curiosity, what brand of shirts do you guys considered "top notch" that's not tailor made?

All this makes me wonder about the true cost of clothing...