• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

thoughts on Hudson Valley for Oct weekend?

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
we should go one day, I get 50% off there.

Originally Posted by gdl203
If you happen to go closer to Tarrytown, Blue Hill at Stone Barns is great. Dinner or lunch (I think lunch may only be on Sundays...?)

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
we should go one day, I get 50% off there.

Even w/o the discount, you should go

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
no, i've been. i meat you and me. brunch with metro isn't cutting it anymore.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
no, i've been. i meat you and me. brunch with metro isn't cutting it anymore.

you meat me ?
confused.gif
peepwall[1].gif

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
lol8[1].gif

don;t worry, wasn't a freudian typo.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just how close are you planning on bringing people together exaclty
lookaround.gif

MHH89

Reaction score
I went to school in Poughkeepsie and I always loved going to the CIA for dinner. It was tough to get reservations on short notice though. Also check out some of the restaurants around Poughkeepsie and Hyde Park. I know a number of CIA grads opened some great restaurants around that area

+1 on the Terrapin in Rhinebeck.

The Hyde Park brewery is good for lunch and or a quick beer

Finally if you are looking for something fun to do check out the Rhinebeck Aerodrome. You get to go up in old WW-1 red baron bi planes and the pilot will take you through loops etc etc. It's a lot of fun. They might be done for the year though. http://www.oldrhinebeck.org/

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vassar?

MHH89

Reaction score
Nope, Marist.

Vassar did have a great bar up there called the Dutch Tavern

etl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MHH89
+1 on the Terrapin in Rhinebeck.

We had lunch at Terrapin. Perfectly fine. Good food. Nice place to eat outside. Nothing will beat the meal that the meal that we had at "The Local" which is on West Market and recently opened. Six courses and all top shelf.

We also had dinner at some hotel in Tivoli the next night that was very very good.

The leaves were beginning to turn and i expect this coming weekend and the following were the prime weekends to be there.

All the same, it was two days of Hudson Valley joy for the missus and me. Plus a nice drive up that included Dia Beacon.

oscarthewild

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Used to live in Pok.

Rhinebeck farmers market is exceptionally good. Joe Popovich makes his mozarella at 5 am for sale at 9 and he has very good smoked trout.

Le petit bistro, calico are good. Beech tree (faces vassar) in Pok is great for a less serious meal and sometimes good music. Just around the corner is a jordanian (christian for those who do not want ot fund all-the-muzlem-iz-the-islamo-fascist-terrrorist brown people) place called zorona that is not too far from home cooking. Sadly Maya is no more. Amazing wines at amazingly low markups.

At the CIA, I like the escofier but the apple one is ok.

Barton apple orchards has INCREDIBLE fruit pies.

Miss Saigon is very decent vietnamese.

The deli at Adams foodacre farms have some gems. The pickled onion martini mix is addictive. They used to make their own gravadlax and one interesting version with a touch of grand marnier. Think that person has left. Excellent selection of cheeses.

Aerodrome is worth a visit. Olana in the fall is spectacular.

If it is not obvious, I miss the hudson valley.

On the western side of the river, in New Paltz, the old train tracks were turned into great gentle bike path (paved). There is a meandering market near the old train station with another good cheese shop.

more as the thoughts return.

-

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads