• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thoughts on high-collared dress shirts

Powderfingrer

Reaction score
I sometimes see on television or in magazines very well-dressed men who are wearing dress shirts (with tie) that seem to be particularly high. I see via Google that you can get high-collared dress shirts, usually with 2-3 buttons on the tab.

What do people think of this look, and do you know any particular good ready to wear makers of this kind of shirt?

monkey66

Reaction score
Balance is all.

Different builds will respond differently.

I recently returned a Natalino shirt. Really liked it but found the collar just too high for me and appeared fashion forward, not 'high but balanced' like some of my other shirts.

If you like fashion forward then go for it.

'High but balanced' sounds like something else ?

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, Bryan Colangelo.

uCDVlPm-yE8t-HyS0xe0e6UdrYClQX_lu4icRWpRLxg.jpg

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Balance is all.

Different builds will respond differently.

I recently returned a Natalino shirt. Really liked it but found the collar just too high for me and appeared fashion forward, not 'high but balanced' like some of my other shirts.

If you like fashion forward then go for it.

'High but balanced' sounds like something else ?
This - It’s about the proportions. Taller collars work better with my neck height/width and face shape in my mind. Shorter collars not so much. Eton’s point collar is on the taller side of average but the MTM options have a ton of collars. OP could check S&M or ProperCloth MTM to dial something in and try to get a feel for how it might work with his neck at a reasonable price.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads