Thoughts on Hickey (hickeystyle.com)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by blank, Jul 4, 2007.

1. vikingmd

vikingmd Active Member

JSP

What's your height and weight. I ve been wondering if a small would fit me (5'8" 155lbs).

2. djs488

djs488 Senior member

are all hickey shirts spread collar? (besides the oxford)

I was a little worried about the spread collar when I first starting ordering from them too, but it's grown on me. I have one of the gingham shirts that may still be on sale that has a button-down collar, but it seems like they're moving away from that, which is too bad.

3. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

Can anybody provide the measurements of a SMALL:
    Pit to Pit
    Sh - Sh
    Length
    Neck size (Want to knwo if i can get to button up with ties)

Please and thank you.

what this guy said.

4. wiru

wiru Senior member

all the stuff i've bought from hickey has been exactly what their sizing chart said. so, i'd just use that for measurements. spread collar, button down -- i don't think there is any differnce in the cuts. compared to mall brands, the body is very shaped. chrono -- i think even the small might be too big for you.

5. JSP

JSP New Member

vikingmd

I am about 5 feet 9 & I weight 135 lbs. I don't know if you have tried H & M clothing but their shirts in small fit me a little tighter than the Hickeystyle shirts. Personally, the 2 shirts that I ordered from Hickeystyle are the best fitthing shirts I have. I love them and I have gotten nothing but compliments.

6. onion

onion Senior member

I was looking at a long sleeve button up shirt on here and it said "white griffin logo on back upper left". How big of a logo is this?

7. djs488

djs488 Senior member

it's about a half-inch tall and wide, pretty small, and in a place that's not really noticeable. i would stay away from the pot leaf though.

8. onion

onion Senior member

it's about a half-inch tall and wide, pretty small, and in a place that's not really noticeable. i would stay away from the pot leaf though.
    Fantastic, thats what I thought, thank you very much. It's an item with no exchanges or returns so I wanted to be positive before ordering. I think I'm going to go ahead an get it then. I've been wanting to inspect HS after reading all the positive opinions of their clothes here. On a side note I found they also have raw denim. Anyone have experience with them? They are on sale right now for $111. http://www.hickeystyle.com/website/p...6&dept_id=4161

9. djs488

djs488 Senior member

is steven alan sizing more or less the same as hickey, or completely different? There are some size M Steven Alan shirts on ebay, but i wear a size small in hickey and it fits perfectly; do i need a size small in SA also?

10. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Senior member

My pants are caught on my shoe and the right quarter of my jacket on my belt, but this picture gives a general idea of the fit of the suits they offer. This jacket is a 40L and the actual measurement of my chest is 38.5.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. needshoehelp

needshoehelp Senior member

Nice looking suit; would you find it to be too "modern" for a business suit? Are the lapels perhaps a bit too narrow for a business suit or is it my eyes?

12. spertia

spertia Senior member

^^I really like the whole look and think it would be fine for business, especially in that color palette.

The suit fits you very nicely, and I dig the knit tie with it.

13. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

Nice looking suit; would you find it to be too "modern" for a business suit? Are the lapels perhaps a bit too narrow for a business suit or is it my eyes?

it's acceptable for a business suit.

14. Oxnard

Oxnard Senior member

I just received my first shirt from them...a size-medium button-down madras sportshirt for $59 out of their "Last Call" section (retail was $200), has a generally nice slim fit, pretty even construction through out. For the price you really can't beat it, and they do have a good selection of shirts that are free of any logos or icons or pot leaves. The shirt impressed me enough that I ordered a yellow button down oxford sportshirt that i'm eagerly anticipating, though I don't think I could shell out the cash for any of their clothes at retail. The only other trend that I have noticed is that the colors on their website are really off from the shirts in real life, not a huge deal but it was a pretty big difference on my first order, and I have heard other people mention this problem.

15. brimley

brimley Senior member

My pants are caught on my shoe and the right quarter of my jacket on my belt, but this picture gives a general idea of the fit of the suits they offer. This jacket is a 40L and the actual measurement of my chest is 38.5.

[​IMG]

Suit looks good. I'm eyeing the light grey suit in the steals and deals category. Did the trousers come unfinished, or were they really at the 32" inseam that the website implies?