• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thoughts on Hickey (hickeystyle.com)

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anybody provide the measurements of a SMALL:
Pit to Pit
Sh - Sh
Length
Neck size (Want to knwo if i can get to button up with ties)

Please and thank you.

itskub

Reaction score
I like how they offer shirts two or three colors.

So the consensus is they are trim like mall brands, but not slim?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by itskub
I like how they offer shirts two or three colors. So the consensus is they are trim like mall brands, but not slim?
They are pretty slim IMO... definitely slimmer than TB Black Fleece. Actually I think their sizing is almost as slim as Band of Outsiders A-body, with the notable difference being that they aren't quite as slim through the arms.

itskub

Reaction score
Ah ok thanks
Maybe I should just walk down the street and try them on. But then again I have no excuse to be buying more shirts.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by itskub
Ah ok thanks
Maybe I should just walk down the street and try them on. But then again I have no excuse to be buying more shirts.

heh. BTW, the different models of Hickey shirts seem to have different fits. The ones I tried that fit slim were the button downs, but I have a spread collar one that doesn't fit so slim.

grilledcheese

Reaction score
I like my Hickey button down, but I have a different experience from drizz. I would say that my medium fits similar to a Band of Outsiders large--although I would agree that the arms are roomier in the Hickey.

Does anyone have any experience with their knits? How is the sizing? I'm thinking about springing for a sweater or two--they look pretty nice.

djs488

Reaction score
unbelievable, i just ordered two shirts yesterday. oh well, there was a problem with more order anyway so ill just cancel and reorder tomorrow. I have a buttondown that fits very slim, but im hoping the spreads fit as slim because that is what i am ordering.

planetofsound

Reaction score
I ordered a couple of shirts and got them today. They are trim but not super-slim... maybe a bit more trim and better fitting than J. Crew as an example.

anyway who pays the retail price on this is nuts, but with this 70% off sale, I'm very happy with the quality of these shirts and will probably order a couple more.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Has anyone bought a Hickey suit? Wondering how short the jacket is. I'm usually a 38S and seems they make only Longs or Regulars. Any help appreciated.

wiru

Reaction score
^^i finally pulled the trigger on one a few days ago. just came.

i usually wear 38s too, the regular is fine. doesn't quite cover my bum. not super-short, not quite traditional length.

sizing seems true to size. pretty slim in the body and arms. the trousers are especially unforgiving. very slim in the thigh and seat. and when they say 'low rise' they mean it.

as for quality, it's 'union made in the u.s.a.' but fused. $1000 seems like a high retail price for a fused suit? but at banana republic prices not so bad.

edit: coat measures 29 inches from bottom of collar to base

Minkous

Reaction score
i was really curious if they were fused. One would think that at their retail prices they would atleast do a half canvas construction.
I've only seen some of these peices at Saks off fifth, I didnt think the fabrics were that luxiourous nor the construction that well to warrant their high retail prices. But after checking the site I may pull the trigger on the crew neck sweatshirt, and see how I like it before buying more.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wiru
^^i finally pulled the trigger on one a few days ago. just came. i usually wear 38s too, the regular is fine. doesn't quite cover my bum. not super-short, not quite traditional length. sizing seems true to size. pretty slim in the body and arms. the trousers are especially unforgiving. very slim in the thigh and seat. and when they say 'low rise' they mean it. as for quality, it's 'union made in the u.s.a.' but fused. $1000 seems like a high retail price for a fused suit? but at banana republic prices not so bad. edit: coat measures 29 inches from bottom of collar to base
Wiru, thanks for posting. Sounds like the R would fit me pretty well. A 29 inch jacket is more like a typical short. I suspected that they were fused, but as you mentioned, at the sale price, it ain't *too* bad for a good fit and decent construction. Post a pic if you get around to it. edit: btw, how high are the armholes?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads