• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thoughts on Herring (Loake) Stratford boots

Geoff Gander

Reaction score
Has anyone bought a pair of these boots? They are made by Loake for Herring, but I didn't find them on Loake's site. The description says they are calf leather, fully lined in leather. If so, what are your overall impresisons, and would you be willing to post pictures?

They aren't C&J Villiers, but at £135 (without VAT) they may be worth it.

Geoff

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Herring Shoes are just a top notch company all round, and I believe that their shoes are made to a higher standard than what would pass for Loake.

Tomboys

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Geoff Gander
I may still go for it....has anyone out there bought a pair? I'd like to see some real pics.

Ask Herring to email you some photos from their open stock. I've spoken to them a couple of times and they seemed very helpful--albeit I never asked them to do this for me. Nonetheless, it doesn't hurt to ask.

Geoff Gander

Reaction score
Adrian mailed me some photos - very impressed! I don't think he'd mind if I reposted them here.

As an aside, he told me that they will be adding more colours, as the boot is really selling well. He also mentioned that they are looking at adding rotating views for their products.

G

Geoff Gander

Reaction score
Here we go - what do you guys think?

stratford1.jpg

stratford2.jpg

stratford3.jpg

EricE.

Reaction score
great shooes im thinking about ordering these
biggrin.gif

Jack2000

Reaction score
It appears they ar made by Cheaney which I believe is a more highly thought of brand than Loake-- although I have no first hand experience with either.

They look fantastic.

Ed Sullivan

Reaction score
How does that boot's UK size equate with US sizing?

Here we go - what do you guys think?

stratford1.jpg

stratford2.jpg

stratford3.jpg

Geoff Gander

Reaction score
Adrian told me that if you wear an E width in C&J these would be a bit wider (the Stratfords are an F width). This is standard UK sizing - go down half a size in length (i.e., I'm a 9.5, so I buy size 9 UK shoes).

Geoff

Ed Sullivan

Reaction score
Adrian told me that if you wear an E width in C&J these would be a bit wider (the Stratfords are an F width). This is standard UK sizing - go down half a size in length (i.e., I'm a 9.5, so I buy size 9 UK shoes).

Geoff

Thanks

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jack2000
It appears they ar made by Cheaney which I believe is a more highly thought of brand than Loake-- although I have no first hand experience with either.

They look fantastic.

Though the sole looks like a Cheany sole indeed, they are being advertised as "Herring Shoes by Loake"so that seems a bit odd. Also, they cannot be found on the "Cheaney exlusive to Herrings" page.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads