• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Thoughts on Frye boots?

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am currently in love with the Frye Arkansas Boot.

They are $160. Am I stupid for wanting them? is there something better? Personally I think they are awesome.

Goblin

Reaction score
I like Fryes, and will probably pull the trigger on a pair of harness boots this winter.

EDIT: And since there's been a recent discussion of Vass combat boots, I'd say $160 qualifies as "econo" in these parts.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have some Harness boots. The only qualm I have with them is they are a bit narrow for me, though considering I have very large feet, your mileage may vary.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really want those boots. How they fare in the winter i don't know (seeing as they're "low") but god damn I want them.

rnrswitch

Reaction score
There is no comparison to the brando boots which I am going to pull the trigger on in a couple of minutes. Hmm Hmmm Hmmm.

rnrswitch

Reaction score
Nevertheless I think frye boots are probably the best bang for the buck. The leather is nice and supple, the workmanship is great and the price is not $500 like some of the Paul Smith sissy stuff that I see in Blue Bee. Although, the Paul SmithXTriumph boots made me cream my thong panties... and I don't even wear thong panties.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnrswitch
Nevertheless I think frye boots are probably the best bang for the buck. The leather is nice and supple, the workmanship is great and the price is not $500 like some of the Paul Smith sissy stuff that I see in Blue Bee. Although, the Paul SmithXTriumph boots made me cream my thong panties... and I don't even wear thong panties.
link?

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is no comparison to the brando boots which I am going to pull the trigger on in a couple of minutes. Hmm Hmmm Hmmm.

Are there any good sources for Frye online, or are you just going through their website and paying retail?

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
Are there any good sources for Frye online, or are you just going through their website and paying retail?
I tried finding boots at lower than retail, but to no avail. zappos have em, but they are more than retail there (i think)

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
There are OCCASIONALLY lots of Frye available at significant discount on STP. I now regret not pulling the trigger on some black harnesses when I saw them.

Where are you getting yours?

WatchGuy

Reaction score
Frye boots are great. I have a pair that is over 10 years old and going strong. They get better with age IMO. I should snap some pics so you can see them.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please do. A friend of mine bought a pair on eBay and had nothing good to say about the quality, so I'm a little dubious when it comes to Frye. Then again, maybe quality's different with Frye's women's stuff.

Still wish some of those boots came with slightly lower heels, though.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, the PS for Triumph stuff was amazing, did anyone ever figure out where the hell to buy it?! I couldn't even find a link on the site, even though they had pics of it all over...

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
The Pink Palace of Goodness in LA had all the PS Triumph gear, but obviously it's not at the stores anymore.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 272 32.9%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.7%
  • 31 - 40