1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Thoughts on Frye boots?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by knucks, Sep 17, 2006.

1. knucks

knucks Distinguished Member

I am currently in love with the Frye Arkansas Boot.

[​IMG]

They are $160. Am I stupid for wanting them? is there something better? Personally I think they are awesome.

2. Goblin

Goblin Senior Member

I like Fryes, and will probably pull the trigger on a pair of harness boots this winter.

EDIT: And since there's been a recent discussion of Vass combat boots, I'd say $160 qualifies as "econo" in these parts.

3. Nil

Nil Distinguished Member

I have some Harness boots. The only qualm I have with them is they are a bit narrow for me, though considering I have very large feet, your mileage may vary.

4. knucks

I really want those boots. How they fare in the winter i don't know (seeing as they're "low") but god damn I want them.

5. rnrswitch

rnrswitch Senior Member

There is no comparison to the brando boots which I am going to pull the trigger on in a couple of minutes. Hmm Hmmm Hmmm.

[​IMG]

6. rnrswitch

rnrswitch Senior Member

Nevertheless I think frye boots are probably the best bang for the buck. The leather is nice and supple, the workmanship is great and the price is not $500 like some of the Paul Smith sissy stuff that I see in Blue Bee. Although, the Paul SmithXTriumph boots made me cream my thong panties... and I don't even wear thong panties.

7. knucks

Nevertheless I think frye boots are probably the best bang for the buck. The leather is nice and supple, the workmanship is great and the price is not $500 like some of the Paul Smith sissy stuff that I see in Blue Bee. Although, the Paul SmithXTriumph boots made me cream my thong panties... and I don't even wear thong panties.
    link?

8. Arethusa

Arethusa Distinguished Member

There is no comparison to the brando boots which I am going to pull the trigger on in a couple of minutes. Hmm Hmmm Hmmm. [​IMG]
    Are there any good sources for Frye online, or are you just going through their website and paying retail?

9. knucks

Are there any good sources for Frye online, or are you just going through their website and paying retail?
    I tried finding boots at lower than retail, but to no avail. zappos have em, but they are more than retail there (i think)

10. Augusto86

Augusto86 Sean Penn's Mexican love child

There are OCCASIONALLY lots of Frye available at significant discount on STP. I now regret not pulling the trigger on some black harnesses when I saw them.

Where are you getting yours?

11. DGP

DGP Distinguished Member

link?

Please tell me you want a link to the boots, lol!

12. WatchGuy

WatchGuy Senior Member

Frye boots are great. I have a pair that is over 10 years old and going strong. They get better with age IMO. I should snap some pics so you can see them.

13. Arethusa

Arethusa Distinguished Member

Please do. A friend of mine bought a pair on eBay and had nothing good to say about the quality, so I'm a little dubious when it comes to Frye. Then again, maybe quality's different with Frye's women's stuff.

Still wish some of those boots came with slightly lower heels, though.

14. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Yeah, the PS for Triumph stuff was amazing, did anyone ever figure out where the hell to buy it?! I couldn't even find a link on the site, even though they had pics of it all over...

15. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

The Pink Palace of Goodness in LA had all the PS Triumph gear, but obviously it's not at the stores anymore.