1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

thoughts on Costume National pea coat

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ggoofer, Oct 24, 2011.

1. ggoofer

ggoofer Well-Known Member

Hi all, been lurking for a while, finally have a question to ask.

I've lost a lot of weight since last spring and so none of my fall clothes fit me (which is kind of a blessing, most of it was terrible). I'm a tad under 6'4 and weigh 165, with a slender build, long arms and legs (even relative to my height). And no ass. So I like a trim fit. I have read that Costume National is both trim and fits long in the arms, and so I was thinking about getting this pea coat:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AUTHENTIC-C...08?pt=US_CSA_MC_Outerwear&hash=item20b5b46568

Thoughts? Is it worth the $420 that is being asked? I'm also not sure if a 50 will be too large as my chest is more like a 48, and I feel like the sizing takes into account the fact that you'll be wearing clothes underneath. (But I have asked for measurements.) Thanks in advance. This forum is a great resource.

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

It's going to fit large on you, based my my experience with their cuts.

3. coco2010

coco2010 Senior member

yeah, it would probably be too large on you.

Isnt most of the "CNC" CN stuff made in China? I have a few knits and they are indeed tagged as such.

4. ggoofer

OK thanks. Guess I will have to keep looking.

I believe they are made in China. Not great but not a dealbreaker, and unfortunately I'm on a budget. How do you find the quality of your CNC stuff?

5. coco2010

coco2010 Senior member

quality is fine, though Id never pay retail for any of it. Costume National Homme, on the other hand..:nodding:

6. ggoofer

Actually it looks like some of the CNC stuff is made in Italy

7. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

I just checked my collection: I have a super-chunky cable-knit sweater with quilted lining (made in China) and a wool-nylon blend peacoat (made in Italy), both from C'N'C Costume National.

8. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

That peacoat looks like hell. I'm glad you're passing on it.

You've got to be a 38.