• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thoughts on a new suit?

The Transporter

Reaction score
Just picked up this suit on eBay last month and got it tailored by Maria at Golden Needle Tailoring here in Chicago. I think she did an awesome job but wanted to get your thoughts on the final fit. I'm 6'4" 220ish and was debating between a 44L or a 46L and went with the 44L.

The tie and pocket square didn't come out so well in the pic but the tie was silver and the ps was grayish/pink. And forgive me for needing some Static Guard on the pants. It was barely above zero on Christmas Eve.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From what I can see it does look good. You're about the same size as me except &'m 10-15lbs heavier & opted to stay with the 46L.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
The collar is pulling away from your neck, but often this can just be an artifact of not putting on the jacket correctly. Recheck this.

Otherwise, it looks pretty good.

- B

The Transporter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbris1
From what I can see it does look good. You're about the same size as me except &'m 10-15lbs heavier & opted to stay with the 46L.

Thanks. I bulked up to about 250 earlier this summer and was wearing a 46L at the time so wasn't sure about fitting into a 44L. I've been steadily been cutting back since I ended up not liking being so big. Weighed in at 216 on NYE.

The Transporter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
The collar is pulling away from your neck, but often this can just be an artifact of not putting on the jacket correctly. Recheck this.

Otherwise, it looks pretty good.

- B

Thanks, Vox, just noticed that as well so I'll check it the next time I wear it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads