1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Thought you might like this: Nick Scott of The Rake talks about style

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by harryx2, Oct 21, 2012.

1. harryx2

harryx2 Senior member

Nick Scott on style

Some quotes:

Q: Are there any style combinations that you object to?

Call me anti-zeitgeist, but the whole suits-and-loafers thing makes me wretch. I also find self-conscious spezzatura such as willfully unconventional shirt-and-tie combos to be in total contravention of the phrase.

Q: One garment/accessory that you can never have enough of?

Ties — because the number out there and types out there seem to be infinite — and sunglasses, seeing as I lose an expensive prescription pair around once a month. With the same tendency in mind, my wife would like to add “Wedding rings”.