• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thought or opinion about 'AustralianTailor' ? (who sells MTM suits for only $110)

pontanius

Reaction score
So.. I recently won an auction of a MTM suit from ebay from 'australiantailor' for only $112.50 + (measurement fee $15)
with 50% wool/cashmere fabric, and a jacket + trousers.

here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....=STRK:MEWNX:IT

the price is so cheap, and they claim that it will be make here in south australia.
I haven't paid yet and I can cancel it for a fee of $10.
so, I still contemplating whether to give it a go, or just cancel it?

I am a short stature athletic, and finding it hard to find OTR that fits me well.
so, my option is only bespoke / MTM I think...

so guys... any thought or opinion?

oh yea, they offer me a pure wool super 120s worsted for only $100.
do you think this is reasonable? (considering its so cheap)

thanks!

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
If I weren't broke, I would jump on this deal myself.

I hope that we can persuade you to post fit pics after you get it.

Did you try to haggle with them to bring the price down a tad? Doesn't hurt, right?

fistbump.gif

Thanks.

- B

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whatever you want, we have it. You prefer double breasted jacket? No problem. You want flat front pants? No problem.

You want a jacket with no pocket at all?

No problem. You want one vent, two sided vents? No problem.

You want a suit to wear for work, for formal, for this special day of your life? No problem.

A tuxedo, a business suit? ...just ask and we will make it for you.

Even if you are after a pink tuxedo, a yellow redingote...that's what tailoring is about.

Made to your needs, to your wishes, to your measures.

Ask our website URL for more pictures and more info about our business.
Obviously great stuff, but I don't think the senor member above me is telling us the whole story.

If you are a waist or stomach of 120 cm or over, , 50 AU$ apply.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CunningSmeagol
Obviously great stuff, but I don't think the senor member above me is telling us the whole story.

I'm the Goon Member. Actually.

- B

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
If I weren't broke, I would jump on this deal myself.

I hope that we can persuade you to post fit pics after you get it.

Did you try to haggle with them to bring the price down a tad? Doesn't hurt, right?

fistbump.gif

Thanks.

- B

If Voxy were any more of an asshole, he'd have **** leaking out of him. No ****(?)

LTM

Reaction score
I am thinking of a dark unlit cellar packed with refugee children somewhere down Hanson Rd Ponty...the 'cashmere' will be from some old goat shot just outside Pt Pirie.

kaine

Reaction score
The quality is what you'd expect for the price. Very unstylish cut (huge shoulder pads, very closed quarters) seemingly regardless of what you ask for, no felt under collar, keyhole buttonhole through lapel, amateurish stitching, poorly followed measurements, poorly attached canvas, however, they use surprisingly nice fabric, or at least did a couple of years ago. Since then, they've changed company name and renovated their website, but i am certain it's the same outfit.

kaine

Reaction score
By the way, initially I thought the stuff they sent me was good and commented favourably on this forum, but have since realised it's shite through experience.

AussieTailor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kaine
By the way, initially I thought the stuff they sent me was good and commented favourably on this forum, but have since realised it's shite through experience.

hi there, I'm the co-owner of AustralianTailor. Sorry to read about your complaint. When getting your suit, did you get back to us. We've got a return policy which is in my opinion fair enough for everyone.
I don't know who you are so PM me and we can certainly clear things out. Getting all our customers satisfied is our main priority.
We are selling at a very low price however we've got a return policy offering our customers the possibility to return their item for free alterations, repairs or to get their item remade.
Hope to hear from you soon.
worship.gif

AussieTailor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LTM
I am thinking of a dark unlit cellar packed with refugee children somewhere down Hanson Rd Ponty...the 'cashmere' will be from some old goat shot just outside Pt Pirie.

boxing[1].gif
Actually, we're always paying our electricity bill on time because... our goats like grazing with the lights on.

AussieTailor

Reaction score
pontanius;3490234 said:
So.. I recently won an auction of a MTM suit from ebay from 'australiantailor' for only $112.50 + (measurement fee $15)

the price is so cheap, and they claim that it will be make here in south australia.
QUOTE]

Yep we are now making all our suits in Australia. We are not offering MTM, our suits are fully tailored.
One pattern per customer per suit.
We are not using pre-exising patterns and we are not altering pre-existing suits to measurement either. Each suit is made from scratch.
bigstar[1].gif

Maccimus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AussieTailor;3499855 said:
Originally Posted by pontanius

QUOTE]

Yep we are now making all our suits in Australia. We are not offering MTM, our suits are fully tailored.
One pattern per customer per suit.
We are not using pre-exising patterns and we are not altering pre-existing suits to measurement either. Each suit is made from scratch
bigstar[1].gif

Oh man...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads