1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Those Spray On Tans

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by oldskool, Jan 14, 2005.

1. oldskool

oldskool Senior Member

does anyone go for a spray on tan? does it look real? where did you go? what did it cost? i am talking about those new salons where you get in that shower stall.

2. Bradford

Bradford Current Events Moderator

I tried one recently on a special introductory deal - $10 for two sessions.

I actually thought it worked pretty well, although I was not as dark as I usually get with a regular tanning bed (and not really as dark as I like to be.)

The interesting thing is that you're not really tan right away - it takes 6 to 8 hours for the color to develop and you're not supposed to shower or bathe during that time. So they recommend doing it at night and letting the tan develop while you are sleeping.

I've been planning to go again, just haven't had the time recently.

Bradford

3. nightowl6261a

nightowl6261a Distinguished Member

Bradford, when doing the spray and waiting the time out before showering, does the solution stain any, like sheets, furniture, clothing etc. If you are not supposed to bathe, it would seem that it would come off as well.

4. Bradford

I haven't experienced any staining -

When you step out of the spray booth, you use a towel to rub it into your skin and even out the application... basically a buffing.

Although you do see the brown on the towel when you do that, basically as you are rubbing it in, it seems to be drying, so by the time you are done vigorously buffing yourself, it no longer comes off of your skin.

Bradford

5. whitsang

whitsang Member

The cream you use to block the spray on tan needs to be applied with precision. Twice I have gotten too much "tan" on my fingers and it looked uneven. It would not wash off, so over time it wore off. In the mean time, my hands looked dirty.

6. Bradford

The place where I went provides a salt scrub that you use on the palms of your hands, the soles of your feet and your cuticles immediately upon exiting the spray-on booth (after you've done the buffing procedure I described previously.)

The salt scrub takes off the tanning solution before it has time to set.

Bradford

P.S. I have now done this twice as this thread reminded me that I still had one session left on my trial offer. Both times I would say that it has worked quite well.