1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Those of you who received the Shyam email today.....

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by edmorel, May 19, 2006.

1. Matt

Matt Senior member

Matt, this is one of those things that, if we tell you, then we have to kill you.
    im prepared to make that sacrifice

2. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Senior member

Thanks, Andrew. I couldn't find it on the main site.

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

My point was just that there has been enough bad blood on the forum recently, and things are just settling down. Let's let that happen, please.

If you guys want to discuss the the economics of whatever sector, please do so in the General section.

I really don't want to shut down this thread, so please no one get up in arms, okay? There is no need for that. BTW, I think that I have been very fair here, and attacking me is not going to help anything.

Thanks.

Fok.

4. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

I think we all agree with this sentiment.

Respectfully Fok, you brought up economics, not us. No one here mentioned the margins of the luxury goods business until your post. We were simply saying that we think Shyam, a trusted and reliable provider to this Forum, got a very raw deal.

I can't see anything that remotely warrants shutting down this thread. And as for being fair, you voiced an opinion on the merits of the situation and people responded in kind. Which seems pretty fair to me.

5. LA Guy

Hi Aportnoy and others,

I have no dog in this fight. I just want to keep things civil, okay. That's all.

Fok.

6. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

My point was just that there has been enough bad blood on the forum recently, and things are just settling down. Let's let that happen, please.

If you guys want to discuss the the economics of whatever sector, please do so in the General section.

I really don't want to shut down this thread, so please no one get up in arms, okay? There is no need for that. BTW, I think that I have been very fair here, and attacking me is not going to help anything.

Thanks.

Fok.

With all due respect, you are the one who brough up the difficult economics of the retail industry.

IMO, this was as badly handled as the Vass incident. These things should be done in a way that nobody knows about. The first order should have been allowed as it included special orders, and then the relationship should have been ended gracefully. The same thng goes for Vass. Public strongarming is not going to win you any customers, which is what the retail business is all about.

7. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

Oh boy...

So fok, matt, ed, andrew, how about them Yankees?

8. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

Oh boy...

Barry Bonds is better than Babe Ruth was[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] .

9. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

Barry Bonds is better than Babe Ruth was[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] .
    haha, you can stir me up in CE but everywhere else I'm about as easy as you please as anyone.

Damn hippie.

10. alflauren

alflauren Senior member

Public strongarming is not going to win you any customers, which is what the retail business is all about.

Public strongarming is what the retail business is all about? [​IMG]

11. LA Guy

What about the Suns inability to close out?

12. ragdoll

ragdoll Senior member

Perhaps Aportnoy should burn a pair of EGs in protest? Lord knows, I don't have any I can spare.[​IMG]

13. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Oh boy...

I have awesome tix tonight and am afraid it's going to be rained out. [​IMG]

14. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

And BTW:

"Usually we visit all potential customers in response to their interest, to introduce ourselves properly and to assess their suitability."

WTF? Plal is 100% reputable. "Suitability?" Please.

15. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

Maybe we should write a group letter to EG/Ms Freeman. Beats sitting around the dying campfire and lamenting the lack of wood.

16. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

I have awesome tix tonight and am afraid it's going to be rained out. [​IMG]

I'll take them off your hands. You don't want to go and get all wet, at least not at a baseball game.

17. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

I'll take them off your hands. You don't want to go and get all wet, at least not at a baseball game.
    Section 19 by first base. Make me an offer. [​IMG] Just kidding, subway series are easy enough to reschedule, and I'll gladly take my rain check. But I'm really in the mood for a ballgame tonight. Damn you mother nature! [​IMG]

18. Matt

Matt Senior member

ok read link, understand, ill shut up now.

19. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Does anyone have more pics of the E.G. Walcot? I just noticed it on the Plal site and it really intrigues me. Not that I would be able to afford it anytime soon though [​IMG]

20. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Does anyone have more pics of the E.G. Walcot? I just noticed it on the Plal site and it really intrigues me. Not that I would be able to afford it anytime soon though [​IMG]
    I have many pictures. Unfortunately, there are in Duveen's digital camera right now.