• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

those little buttons

afaludi

Reaction score
I've noticed a lot of people wearing those little buttons that have various sayings and bands on them. I got one or two, what are your opinions on them? do you always wear them?

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never wear them. I don't know very many people that do. I think they can look cool though if you pin them on your messanger bag.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
eh? you mean the little pins that punkers have been sticking on their jackets for 30 years?

ComboOrgan

Reaction score
Just a way for members of some subcultures to identify each other.

If you like ska (for example), and you want other people who like ska to know that you also like ska, then go ahead and stick a Toasters pin on your scally cap, rudie.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have two pins on my jacket. One is from my university, and M for Michigan. The other is the cliche'd "I am loved."

Why I have the M, well I never took it off from when I went back home for a weekend. The "I am loved" is just a way to keep the thought of my girlfriend with me whenever I wear the jacket.

Reaction score
i've got a few vintage buttons that i never do anything with. whenever i stick on a lapel or jacket, i feel like i am trying too hard. and when i stick 'em on a bag or something, i get stabbed constantly. my favorites in my "collection":

-blondie is a group
-kraftwerk
-disks travel in packs
-i am a resistor
-d.i.y.

Lysol

Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
-blondie is a group

i scored a original "blondie is a group" shirt at a salvation army a few years back. i only wear it skating or raking leaves because of the "trying too hard" factor mentioned above but it was still an awesome find none the less. it's a size large and fit me like a small.

as someone who has amassed a collection of hundreds of pins and badges over the years from working with bands, i rarely ever seriously put them on an article of clothing. makes me feel like robert downey jr. circa 1984.

sygyzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only ones I have said good, when I went to the magazine laucnh party. I sort of like the message.
smile.gif
Oh, I don't wear them.

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a few of my friend's band, and other bands who I really dig. Nothing punk, emo or faux-indie though. They're pinned to my messenger bag strap.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads