• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thorogood for Epaulet Rugged Cowhide No. 685 Boot Size 9D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derek92

Reaction score
http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/the-982/Thorogood-for-Epaulet-/Detail

These are beautiful beater boots that are meant to be beat up and worn well.
These have been worn quite a few times after buying new from Epaulet in April of 2011

I love these boots and if I can't get close to what I'm asking I'd rather keep em than practically give them away.
These fit true to size with standard socks. Might fit an 8.5 with thick boot socks but best for a 9.
Measurements of outsole: 12" x 4.25"
These have been waxed 3 times total with Pecard's Leather Dressing (included from Epaulet) and they look almost brand new after a nice wax. I can include the nearly full dressing for $3 more and/or I will completely wax the boots before sending them out. I just didn't want to do it before posting because some prefer the beater look.
Sold out in this size from Epaulet.
Paid $245 new.
Some slight denim stains on the inside of the boot but not noticeable when worn with pants

In case you don't want to read through Epaulet's description here are the sparknotes:
Goodyear Welted
"Crazy Horse" Leather Upper, similar to Chromexcel that ages beautifully and naturally
Neoprene Cork Filled sole with rubber heel
Soft gel insole that is comfy as all hell

Attachments

• DSCN0200.JPG
    DSCN0200.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 218
  • DSCN0199.JPG
    DSCN0199.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 247
  • DSCN0201.JPG
    DSCN0201.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 678
  • DSCN0202.JPG
    DSCN0202.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 331
  • DSCN0203.JPG
    DSCN0203.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 215
  • DSCN0204.JPG
    DSCN0204.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 479
  • DSCN0205.JPG
    DSCN0205.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 220
  • DSCN0206.JPG
    DSCN0206.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 253
Last edited:

SenorChang

Reaction score
How would you describe the fit on these? I have some 405 indys and they're really clunky. I'm looking for something with a sleeker profile (i.e. Wolverine 1000 Mile). Are these closer to indys or 1000 miles?

Derek92

Reaction score

How would you describe the fit on these?  I have some 405 indys and they're really clunky.  I'm looking for something with a sleeker profile (i.e. Wolverine 1000 Mile).  Are these closer to indys or 1000 miles?

I assume you are referring to profile? Or silhouette? Please clarify but I will try to answer to the best of my ability right now.

First off, I do not find my Indys to be at all clunky (unless we have different definitions of this). Secondly these are quite sleek and very comfortable. I have never owned 1000 miles but I do think these boots are quite sleek.

Qudi

Reaction score
really feeling these boots. they seem to be in really good condition considering you've been wearing them for over a year. did you not wear them much, or did you tread very lightly while wearing them?

Last edited:

Derek92

Reaction score

really feeling these boots. they seem to be in really good condition considering you've been wearing them for over a year. did you not wear them much, or did you tread very lightly while wearing them?

They're awesome boots! And to be honest if I can't get this I'll likely keep em. I just have too many shoes right now and I keep buying more! Haha.

I wore them a lot but they were never abused. As I said they were waxed 3 times which really helped keep them looking fresh. They have a super nice patina on them and I'm not sure that shows with the photos. These are truly amazing for the work boot look and I like em a lot. The thought of selling physically hurts me, haha.

aussiejake

Reaction score
What size shoe are you in other shoes? Vans/CDB/Red Wing/Nike or whatever?

Derek92

Reaction score

What size shoe are you in other shoes? Vans/CDB/Red Wing/Nike or whatever?

I've never worn any of those brands, haha. These fit a 9 on brannock quite well. I'm a 42 in MMM and CP. 8.5 in Alden Barrie/Trubalance (these fit a half size large), 9 in Quoddy, and I wear the equivalent of a US size 9 in almost everything else.

rhillstrom

Reaction score
The only thing I'm iffy about on these is the sole - in your experience have you found them to be at all slippery on snow/ice or rainy and wet conditions?

Derek92

Reaction score

The only thing I'm iffy about on these is the sole - in your experience have you found them to be at all slippery on snow/ice or rainy and wet conditions?

I live in Tucson. What the hell is snow? Hahaha.

As far as rain and wet these are not at all slippery but they're likely not ideal for snow and ice. They have a street walking sole, not a commando sole or something that would be more made for mud, muck, and snow. These are still a great boot to add to your footwear arsenal, they just aren't ideal for snowy days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads