• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thorogood for Epaulet horsehide boot, 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwalterweather

Reaction score
These boots were made by Thorogood for Epaulet, I have had them for about two years and wore them quite a bit the first year and then not as much the last year. They have a really nice work-boot shape and are made of a tough horsehide in a rich brown color.

These boots have seen quite a bit of wear with scuffs and scratches in the leather. Some of the stitching is pulling a little bit. Please be aware of the condition before you consider buying (see pictures below). On the other hand these boots have TONS of life left. The horsehide is very tough. The soles are goodyear welted cork-filled neoprene, and you can see they have doing fine. I treated the boots with Obenauf's LP three or four times a year.

The lining on the heel of one boot has ripped and started to rub a little bit (see picture of the interior of boot). This could be fixed, or just left. I have worn the boots with this just fine.

I am a 10 (or 43) in most boots and these fit me really well. They are super comfortable boots.These would work great for someone who wants a tough, good-looking beater boot. Made in the USA.

$75 shipping to the US and paypal included. PM for shipping quote elsewhere.

Attachments

• DSC_7334.jpg
    DSC_7334.jpg
    744.1 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:

lawlercon

Reaction score
Nice patina on those. GLWS!

jwalterweather

Reaction score
Nice patina on those. GLWS!
Thanks! Yeah in some way it doesn't feel right selling them because they have developed a nice patina. But I just don't wear them anymore and I would rather someone else enjoy them then they just sit in my closest.

By the way, I have always really enjoyed your blog.

i10casual

Reaction score
I can't believe you are selling these. They are my go to workbook. The design is easy on the knees and lower back if your wearing them all day. Good luck on the sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads