1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Thorogood American Heritage Moc Toe

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by arnold76, Dec 24, 2010.

1. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Thanks for the heads up ManofKent. I´m waiting for a pair of 685s, so if I like the fit I will consider the black ones.

Mine arrived today. I'm impressed with the quality for the price - glad I was forced to size down though, they do come up large IMO.

2. engar

engar Senior member

685s (Epaulets Horsehide) received yesterday and after 8 hours it looks like there is no break in period.
    ManofKent, do you know if Thorogood 9.5UK = 10.5US?

3. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

The ones on amazon.co.uk seem to be sized down 1/2 a size on the US marked size so a 9.5 UK would be a 10D US, but I would say they're about half a size larger than Redwing anyway (more if you remove the footbed).

4. engar

engar Senior member

5. engar

engar Senior member

Some pics (sorry for the low quality):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. elduderino

elduderino Well-Known Member

I wear a 9.5 (UK) in Desert Boots and my feet are 3,9" wide - should I go with a 9D, 9EE or 9.5D?
    Thanks doods.

7. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

I'd order the same U.S. size as your Clark's desert boots measure in U.S. sizing.

8. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

I wear a 9.5 (UK) in Desert Boots and my feet are 3,9" wide - should I go with a 9D, 9EE or 9.5D?
    Thanks doods.

A US 9 should be about right. You'd probably get away with a 9D unless you find the db's snug width wise.

9. elduderino

A US 9 should be about right.
    Really? I'm usually a US 10, sizing down for a whole size seems a little bit much.. Damn, I really want some nice boots, but having no stores that carry them around here makes it so fucking difficult.

10. mk.ultra

mk.ultra Senior member

Just ordered the 6" Moc Toe in Tobacco. Sized down a full size from my regular sneaker size, praying for a good fit. Will report back with fit pics when they arrive!

11. g12528

g12528 Active Member

how did you go?

12. burgerkong

burgerkong Senior member

Just ordered the tobacco 6" wedges, noticed they changed the outsole from the Vibram to a proprietary 'Max-Wear' type outsole that is supposed to outlast the Christy. Went for my Chippewa sizing, 11.5D.

13. erikl

erikl Member

I found this thread helpful before purchasing the moc wedges in black almost a year ago. A couple things I'd add:

Positives:

- the stitching work on these shoes is awesome and bombproof
    - the comfort is excellent
    - the price can't be beat, these are *almost* redwing moc-toe killers
    - leather is heavily oiled and feels like it'll last virtually forever. low maintenance and looks the business in black.

Negatives

- the midsole material is rubber, not leather (it's colored to look like leather but it isn't... not a huge deal but worth noting)
    - Cristy outsole wears fast, the in-house Max-Wear sole Thorogood is using on the other boots is surely a step up
    - the leather doesn't wick at all because it is so heavily oiled. Interior climate is moist and clammy over the course of a full day, of which I've spent many working on my feet in these shoes.
    - the insole is supportive, but is synthetic, hot, and does not wick. switched mine out w/ a leather one.

All things considered these are a super value for as low as $100 shipped if you know where to look. I will get these resoled with some sort of Vibram commando sole soon.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  14. Kazappin

Kazappin New Member

Where are you finding these for $100 shipped, if you don't mind me asking? The cheapest I've seen so far has been at http://www.theunionbootpro.com for about $117 shipped after coupons.

15. erikl

erikl Member

That's where I purchased mine. I think the price has gone up since I bought, and/or the coupons aren't as strong.

16. K2793

K2793 Senior member

Can anyone compare the fit to either nike janoskis or sperry topsiders? Would like to pick up a pair and really want to try and get the right size.

17. tigerpac

tigerpac Senior member

Amazon has several of these for 20% right now

Got the Thorogood Men's American Heritage 6" Plain-Toe Boot for $106 shipped

18. tigerpac

tigerpac Senior member

Got these over the weekend - some ankle discomfort - should I give a few days to break that in or try another size?

19. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

I'm gonna go ahead and necrobump here but I just wanted to share that I bought these Thorogood boots:

http://www.amazon.com/Thorogood-Boe...377503818&sr=8-1&keywords=thorogood+horsehide

[​IMG]

They are horsehide, Made in USA, Goodyear welted, a great price and the boots are absolutely beautiful in real life -- despite the fact that the Amazon pictures makes them look terrible. Highly recommended.

I really wish Thorogood would release a proper heritage line in the USA. Now that Epaulet doesn't carry them, I don't know where to get them besides Highkickz (but they never have my size). Looking around the web, it looks like Europe has a line from them that look superb. Check it out:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'd really love to get my hands on these but who knows how? Gah!! Made in USA and you can't even get them here, sad situation.

Anyway, here's that site:

http://www.thorogood.de/Shop/1892-Collection:::13_12.html?XTCsid=52099ed10867fa2a2767d408b6e0716a

Thorogood, take my money!

1 person likes this.
  20. elduderino

Love the horsehides, blaster! Go and snap some pics whenever you've got the time, please, I'd love to see more!

Also, I've been wondering - would you order the same size in Thorogood mocs as in Red Wing mocs?