1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Thor: The Dark World (Movie Thread) 11/08/13

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Aug 7, 2012.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Very good movie, soooo much better than IM3 w/o a doubt.

Loki steals the show again but Hemsworth is really becoming more and more as Thor, it'll be hard to see anyone else play that role now.

Portman always looks great but Kat Dennings looked especially good in this one.

Plot was a bit meh and the end was kind of messy but it was a very good overall flick. Much more action too and you actually see Thor fight and not just the human inside the suit and his crappy, unfinished armor even though he had 20 other perfectly working suits.

Malekith/Eccleston didn't grab me, I almost feel bad for him because he was kind of a throwaway villain that you kind of didn't care for.

Best part was Lokis portrayal of Captain America. :lol

The Collector looked terrible though, I was like the f*ck! He looks like those bleach blonde villains in an old Chinese Martial Arts film. Disappointed in that.

I also thought Volstagg or Lady Sif said it incorrectly about the infinity gem. They said they already had the Tesseract so there is no point in having both gems with them, I really hope they meant they had the gem from Lokis scepter and the Tesseract stays as the Cosmic Cube.

2 people like this.
  2. OliverGauffe

OliverGauffe Senior member

Is this an absolute must-see at the cinema, or can I just watch it later on my computer? I hate paying good money for action movies unless there are FX that need to be seen in the cinema...

3. Aneil4lom

Aneil4lom Senior member

"Thor" was the only Marvel movie I ever saw in cinema, so I guess I might as well see the sequel there too.

4. Mr Rainy

Mr Rainy Member

I think that the action and special effects must be soon on the big screen. The action is just so cool that I really don't think you will get the full experience from a computer screen..

Then again I am a cinephile so take that as you will.

5. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

I was really looking forward to this one and it just left me flat.

6. limping_decorum

limping_decorum Senior member

the dark elves looked really fucking horrible......like 60's star trek horrible.

7. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Loki was played well... but movie was a bit messy IMO.

8. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Kat Dennings nearly ruined this movie for me. She was irritating AF

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  9. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Everything ruined this movie for me. It was dumb and terrible.

10. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Seriously. How hard is it to make a decent movie with Dark Elves and Norse gods fighting each other on Earth? I mean, come on, Marvel.

11. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

People honestly expected this to be a reasonable $10 expense?

12. monim01

monim01 Member

I have seen Thor: the dark world. But Thor one is much better than Thor 2. Story is not so good in Thor 2.