Thomas Mason shirts by J. Crew - $29.99

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SilverSurfer, May 27, 2006.

1. SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer Senior member

Just thought I'd let everyone know that J. Crew's website is still selling some of their Thomas Mason shirts. They are $29.99 down from $120.00. The fabric is wonderful, obviously, and they come with MOP buttons and silk links. I think I pretty much cleared out their small sizes, but there are some available in blue or white in some of the larger ones...

You can't find them on the website unless you go directly to the page. Here it is...

http://www.jcrew.com/catalog/product...d=prod70063671

2. phenom

phenom Active Member

Just tried to order a couple in my size, but they were sold out. [​IMG]

Thanks for the heads up anyways.

3. nerdykarim

nerdykarim Senior member

I think I pretty much cleared out their small sizes
    [​IMG] all sold out for me. i don't need to be spending more money anyways. edit: for some reason, i just bought three white shirts in 15/34, which is about an inch too long in the sleeve. picked up some traddish belts on the side and used a $20 off $100 coupon. i'm fairly certain that the shirts are going to get cancelled (especially if getsmart ordered 10 minutes before me) and that i'll be left with free shipping, free tax, and $5 off all my random trad accessories. worst case scenario, i guess i'll have to return some of the white shirts to the store (i don't need that many white fc shirts...) i'll keep you updated [​IMG]

4. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

I'm surprised these are still available....I remember these around Xmas and they went faaaast

anyways, thanks for the heads up, picked up another white shirt which one can never have enough of.

5. SilverSurfer

I'm surprised these are still available....I remember these around Xmas and they went faaaast

anyways, thanks for the heads up, picked up another white shirt which one can never have enough of.

The white ones didn't go on sale until recently (they were still at $120 when the others went on sale last winter), so that's why they are still around...

6. SilverSurfer

[​IMG]
    i'm fairly certain that the shirts are going to get cancelled (especially if getsmart ordered 10 minutes before me)

Why would they get cancelled?

7. nerdykarim

nerdykarim Senior member

Why would they get cancelled?

I've had orders for random things get cancelled from J. Crew because they weren't in stock. Their online inventory system isn't perfect.

That particular size is now on backorder. GetSmart (I'm assuming he ordered 15x34s like I did) placed his order before I did.

I doubt your order will be cancelled, though...I've just got a hunch mine will be. We'll have to wait and see.

8. coatandthai

coatandthai Senior member

Thanks for the tip! What is the fit like? And can you say what is a comparable RTW shirt?

9. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

Doesn't matter, they're sold out.

10. nerdykarim

nerdykarim Senior member

11. coatandthai

coatandthai Senior member

12. JDHsatx

JDHsatx Active Member

I've tried to find these shirts before at jcrew.com and couldn't find them. Why don't they show up when you go to jcrew.com? How did you find them?

13. nerdykarim

nerdykarim Senior member

I've tried to find these shirts before at jcrew.com and couldn't find them. Why don't they show up when you go to jcrew.com? How did you find them?

you can do a google search for "mason site:www.jcrew.com"

14. raley

raley Senior member

Just bought a 16/35, we'll see if it can become wearable after I take in the waist. If it does not seem possible then I can always return it to the store.

15. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

I may just check this out. They have my size, price is great, fit shouldn't be too bad. Though I don't know how roomy it'd be in 16/35... I wish they'd have accurate chest circumference measurements for each size like on the CT website.