• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thom Browne worn by Ewan McG auction

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In the question and answer section, the seller has measured the pants as having a waist of 34-36", and an inseam of 27"! That doesn't seem very likely.

I guess these items might make sense to a Ewan McGregor fan, but they don't do anything for me. But note that the seller started with a low start price and there is no reserve. So this might be a case where the market truly will determine the value!

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ebay-angebot.jpg

Ebay SUCKS!

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
In the question and answer section, the seller has measured the pants as having a waist of 34-36", and an inseam of 27"! That doesn't seem very likely.
!

remember that TB likes to cut his trousers really highwatered so that would make sense

and no, I'm not bidding
plain.gif

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
The inseam does make sense. Keep in mind Ewan isn't considered very tall (5'9 or something) and as stated, Browne's signature is his high hemmed trousers. EDIT: Looked up his height, most everywhere says 5'10.5, which seems to make sense. What bugs me is that this is being sold as a "suit" and not a light overcoat and odd trousers, which is what they really are. If they were selling one of his actual suits (like the one in my avatar) I think there'd be a little more interest from the Browne afficionados. I might consider bidding if it's going this low. Not to wear said items, but display them. More like a geeky, "My favourite actor wore this," sort of thing.
tongue.gif
kitonbrioni: Did you even look at the listing? Sure, they're "ordinary" khakis, but last I checked pretty much everyone here has a pair, including yourself, no? Also, you can see in a close up shot (which I couldn't see when I rented the movie) that the overcoat is a nice charcoal herringbone.

Luc-Emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
judging from the pictures and the measured waist, I woudn't call him "slender" by any means except maybe american standards.

!luc

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
Who called him slender? I may be, but as I said I wouldn't wear them if I won.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
now if they were selling that TB varsity striped cardigan Ewan wears in the movie, i'd be all over that

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
Eh. You can still be somewhat slender with a 38" chest and 34" waist.

Get Smart: I second that. I really liked those cardigans. I wonder if anyone else is selling something similar.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads