• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thom Browne Spring 09 what do you think

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bleh. I wish the whole Browne "style" of the way-too-short would go away.

I can't say yet I've ever seen his suit on the street.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's like he didn't order enough fabric...either that or he's a big fan of Angus Young
body_angus_young.jpg

AngusYoung.jpg

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like the theme and some of the fabrics look nice but this is my least favorite collection from him.

Did anyone here go to the show? SoCal?

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
Bleh. I wish the whole Browne "style" of the way-too-short would go away.

I can't say yet I've ever seen his suit on the street.

I have when i was in NY. He didn't pull it off well.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
He's dressing up relatively butch models in uncomfortable, undersized litte lord fauntleroy-goes-to-tennis-camp costumes. I wonder if he spends the show backstage whacking off furiously and this whole thing is an elaborate way to indulge his fetishes.

chestercopperpot

Reaction score
i was there...i'm constantly blown away on how "out there" he tries to make his shows

like that was real grass they were walking on.

yes we all know quite a few pieces he makes you cant really wear on the street but the whole thing with him is the experience and fun of the show.

i've been to a few shows already that are just "walk down the aisle turn and return"

thom takes advantage of everyone's attention and is like what can i do to make their eyes widen.

so applause to him

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chestercopperpot
i was there...i'm constantly blown away on how "out there" he tries to make his shows... thom takes advantage of everyone's attention and is like what can i do to make their eyes widen.
Hard to know how to argue with that when you get something like this:
00130m.jpg

unpainted huffheinz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to say that Browne still looks way out of his element in these shows. He seems to have descended into self parody pretty quickly, but maybe the point is that as an outsider he is sending up the entire industry. You can't even ridicule the wearer as they have already done that simply by putting the clothing on. Self loathing couture?

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly...I think that he borrowed a page out of the girls section from my kids boutique on that one.

Its interesting that the pants are now coming down from the top, beginning somewhere in the thigh area.

Next thing you know it will be just knee pads.

You know...with things like this coming to the catwalk, you really can't blame glennie for trying.

pitboss12

Reaction score
He's really starting to go off the deep end. I can appreciate the theatrics in his stage set up and some of the pieces are ok. However, this time around the majority of his models look like they are thinking about firing thier agents and wtf is this?

Attachment 13171

eric glennie

Reaction score
Eric GLennie is unique and WEARABLE!

Gentlemen and Gentlewomen "Dare to wear Different"

Keep pushing the envelope Thom and keep them talking! After the boring and lack of inspirational showings this week in NYC, we are probably the future of American fashion. Someone in America has to compete with the Europeans to push fashion design forward . I will keep dreaming and Mr. Browne will keep delivering. Strangeness should not be mocked , but embraced.

I am sure FIT is happy and wealthy selling traditional neckties, but I am striving for the Gold Medal. I want to make a fashion statement!!

There is a fine line between those that are talented and those that are gifted . One follows and the other leads.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads