• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thom Browne for Brooks Brothers

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Thom Browne designs Brooks line

wow. I guess he isnt doing DiorHomme then.

This is really cool....I had listed BB as my store that I want to like but don't...this will definitely take BB back to their heyday when cool jazz musicians, mods, and ivy kids wore the stuff.

It's a perfect partnership. My TB suit (and his line in general) has a very vintage Brooks feel to it so it's not like the collaboration is 'out there' the way he would be at DiorHomme.

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
holy moly! I wonder what the price point is gonna look like....

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
holy moly! I wonder what the price point is gonna look like....

I hope closer to Brooks than Browne!!

That would be awesome if he did some varsity striped sweaters for Brooks

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's bizarre.

What's next?

Armani designs a Polo collection?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
It's not too bizarre at all. I guess this is Brooks trying to capture the younger market and not be primarlily an old man brand. Kinda like the HickeyStyle collection that HF has, but I'm assuming will be better and not as 'out there'.

pscolari

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Check out the Fitzgerald suit in the 1818 Collection.

Nice narrow lapels on a 2b. Seems like a nice transition between the two styles of BB and TB for what they might be introducing in 2007. Now if it only had side vents.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...&Parent_Id=216

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brooks does have a older man trad image and somewhat borish to the younger crowd.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
I hope closer to Brooks than Browne!!

What would be so special about a "Thom Browne designed varsity striped sweater?"

Would the sweater come with a $100 dollar bill? Does it do magic tricks that any other varsity striped sweater cannot?

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Because I think Browne is a charlatan, I'm not exactly pleased by the news. Brooks Brothers could certainly stand to freshen up their merch. But why they elected to buy into Browne is beyond me. I imagine these items will be in limited numbers, rather expensive, and the partnership will not last long.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
What would be so special about a "Thom Browne designed varsity striped sweater?"

Would the sweater come with a $100 dollar bill? Does it do magic tricks that any other varsity striped sweater cannot?

Why the attitude?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106

it wouldnt be special. But he had one in his main line last year that I really liked that I could see translating over to the Brooks line seamlessly. And a Brooks version wouldnt cost $2000 if they decided to make one. Could I get one from another maker? of course, but I've never found one to fit right and TB's fit aesthetic represents what *I'm* looking for. That a good enough answer for you jackass?

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
i think it will be fun, but i dont think thom browne is a huge sucess as in went into 1 of the dept store in HK that had carried his stuff for the last few seasons, and they told me that they would not be having it because it had been a washout and not sold,
i personnal dont mind his stuff but i just dont think it is worth the money you pay for it, last tme i looked it was around HK$2000 for a flannel tie last season, and i know for sure that the cost of making and materials would only be tops HK$100 so it is a masive mark up for what it is but you could say it is a bit of a sell out, what's next is he will probably sell his co. to prada
crackup[1].gif

MrRogers

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart

This was my first thought as well..... I was so close to purchasing thom's varsity sweater in bergdorf last season but went with a jil shawl collar cardigan instead at 1/2 the price.

It'd be great to see one for well under a grand

MrR

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads