• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thom Browne Denim

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Anybody have a pair that can comment on fit? They look like a regular straight leg. And they're sized... strangely. I think they're the nicest denim I've seen on a USA-made jean. Hairy as Sweetums. Barneys Co-op has them right now for a buck 20.
641px-104_sweetums.jpg

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
These really surprised me the first time I saw them at Barneys. Haven't tried them on but they really are great looking jeans (aside from the tri-colored loop on the back).

300zx1985

Reaction score
I tried a pair on because they were marked down substantially from their retail of ~$350. The fit is definately a "classic" type cut. I was wearing a pair of APC NS when I tried them on and they were roomier from the top to the bottom. I didnt like the large leg opening and decided against it. The quality was definately nice though.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 300zx1985
I tried a pair on because they were marked down substantially from their retail of ~$350. The fit is definately a "classic" type cut. I was wearing a pair of APC NS when I tried them on and they were roomier from the top to the bottom. I didnt like the large leg opening and decided against it. The quality was definately nice though.

I'm wondering if these are shrink-to-fit. They definitely have that aura about them.

newinny

Reaction score
Hi-rise and cheaply made. When I tried on a pair that fit, one of the rivets in the fly exploded. Snapped right back on though.

Denim felt nice.

giraffe lookout

Reaction score
I was just going to look for a thread on these. I bought a pair at Barney's co-op yesterday. I really like the denim and the slim cut. I'm a true 32 and squeezed into a size 2 so that is what I went with.

A couple of things-

The rise is really high on these and they come up really far on my waist. I'm hoping they'll stretch out a bit and sit a little lower.

I measured the inseam at 33 which is ok but given the way they rise up to my waist they could be at least an inch longer.

I also had to cut that ribbon off the back, it was sticking straight out and my wife agreed that it just had to go. She was able to cut it so that you have to really look for it to see it.

dshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently bought a pair from Bareney's online sale.
Quality I think is top notch. Like others have said, they have a higher rise than most pants/jeans that I own.

westelmach

Reaction score
Does anyone have any more info on these? I saw the same sale and am still hesitant about the quality and fit...

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
quality is meh, detailing is meh and fit is baggy

westelmach

Reaction score
Yeah that was my original impression too.

They only had a size 1 in store, but could order a 0.... the 1 was so big that I was worried that even one size smaller would be too baggy and overtime with stretching be too loose.

Oh well.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like TB really choked on this one. Had he pulled off a great denim it coulda been epic.

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went to try on a pair at Barneys but before I could get them on I'd noticed that one of the rivets had come out. I'd be pissed if I'd paid this much and had that happen later. Another example of price not always meaning quality. And of course with Barneys they only had one pair per each size. Lame all around!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads