Thom Browne Denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ken, Jan 16, 2011.

1. ken

ken Banned by Request

Anybody have a pair that can comment on fit? They look like a regular straight leg. And they're sized... strangely. I think they're the nicest denim I've seen on a USA-made jean. Hairy as Sweetums. Barneys Co-op has them right now for a buck 20. [​IMG]

2. robin

robin Senior member

These really surprised me the first time I saw them at Barneys. Haven't tried them on but they really are great looking jeans (aside from the tri-colored loop on the back).

3. 300zx1985

300zx1985 Senior member

I tried a pair on because they were marked down substantially from their retail of ~$350. The fit is definately a "classic" type cut. I was wearing a pair of APC NS when I tried them on and they were roomier from the top to the bottom. I didnt like the large leg opening and decided against it. The quality was definately nice though.

4. ken

ken Banned by Request

I tried a pair on because they were marked down substantially from their retail of ~$350. The fit is definately a "classic" type cut. I was wearing a pair of APC NS when I tried them on and they were roomier from the top to the bottom. I didnt like the large leg opening and decided against it. The quality was definately nice though.

I'm wondering if these are shrink-to-fit. They definitely have that aura about them.

5. newinny

newinny Senior member

Hi-rise and cheaply made. When I tried on a pair that fit, one of the rivets in the fly exploded. Snapped right back on though.

Denim felt nice.

6. giraffe lookout

giraffe lookout Senior member

I was just going to look for a thread on these. I bought a pair at Barney's co-op yesterday. I really like the denim and the slim cut. I'm a true 32 and squeezed into a size 2 so that is what I went with.

A couple of things-

The rise is really high on these and they come up really far on my waist. I'm hoping they'll stretch out a bit and sit a little lower.

I measured the inseam at 33 which is ok but given the way they rise up to my waist they could be at least an inch longer.

I also had to cut that ribbon off the back, it was sticking straight out and my wife agreed that it just had to go. She was able to cut it so that you have to really look for it to see it.

7. dshin

dshin Senior member

I recently bought a pair from Bareney's online sale.
    Quality I think is top notch. Like others have said, they have a higher rise than most pants/jeans that I own.

8. giraffe lookout

giraffe lookout Senior member

Booo. I wore these all day and the chain stitching started to come undone on one of the hems. [​IMG]

9. westelmach

westelmach Member

Does anyone have any more info on these? I saw the same sale and am still hesitant about the quality and fit...

10. Teger

Teger Senior member

quality is meh, detailing is meh and fit is baggy

11. westelmach

westelmach Member

Yeah that was my original impression too.

They only had a size 1 in store, but could order a 0.... the 1 was so big that I was worried that even one size smaller would be too baggy and overtime with stretching be too loose.

Oh well.

12. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

Sounds like TB really choked on this one. Had he pulled off a great denim it coulda been epic.

13. guyapprentice

guyapprentice Senior member