• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thom Browne + Brooks Brothers = Black Fleece (pics are up)

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Edward Appleby
Honestly when I see those two-button jacket cuffs with the wide space I immediately think of ****** late 80s Sears jackets from the thrift store in strange patterns and synthetic fabrics.
Quite seriously, Browne did cite the Sears catalog as one of his inspirations.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Picked up my Shetland tweed trews.

All I can say is...
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
My fiancee has a few vintage Sears catalogs from late 40s, 50s and early 60s and that is some seriously great gear in there. Love how the catalog was like a phone book in thickness

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
any chance of pics in WAYWT?

Sure. I'll try to hit it tonight.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind guys, I'm not talking about midcentury gives-Engineered-Garments-fans-a-woody Sears, I'm talking about 1989 Sears.

Roy Biggins

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
My fiancee has a few vintage Sears catalogs from late 40s, 50s and early 60s and that is some seriously great gear in there. Love how the catalog was like a phone book in thickness

Yes, Sears and Lazarus made some really interesting stuff a long time ago. I have some old tweed jackets and ties from both of them.

It's really a shame that stores like Sears no longer sell interesting or decent clothing. There would be a lot more sightly people walking around if they did.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
Quite seriously, Browne did cite the Sears catalog as one of his inspirations.

You don't say...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sears

The catalog also entered the language, particularly of rural dwellers, as a euphemism for toilet paper. In the days of outhouses and no readily available toilet paper, the pages of the mass-mailed catalog were used as toilet paper.
devil.gif

Jon.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlanC
The two button spaced cuff is simply the old Brooks/J Press/Southwick et al Trad standard. It's nothing groundbreaking.

'zakly.

It's just another detail that BF has returned to BB.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
Sure. I'll try to hit it tonight.

Did you tap that this evening?

I bought a new TB blazer in lieu of the suit and am thinking of going to BB this weekend to get some BF pants.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I bought the brushed twill cotton khaki trousers today. Had them hemmed to what would be about 1/4" higher than "no break" and got a 2.25" cuff on them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads