• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thom Brown vs Black Fleece Size/Fit?

FStyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I typically try not to start new threads in MC without exhausting my search efforts so pls pardon the waste of space if this has been posted before.

I need some direction on sizing for Black Fleece compared to Thom Brown (Mainly Shirting)

Are the TB and BB sizes in line w/one another?

ie: does TB4 = BB4? (I've heard from some that TB4 = BB3)

I have 2 TB4 shirts, both of which are darted and too slim for me, but never owned a BF shirt.

If anyone can lend a hand at describing BF's fit, I'd greatly appreciate it. are they typically darted as well?

No Spekulayshion please.
blush.gif
IIRC's become too much of a clustermuck and I need a definitive answer

bananananana

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I don't find BBBF shirts to be that slim. The best fitting otr shirt for me is a 15.5 in RLBL. I find a BB2 to be fuller in the body and shorter.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
you cant compare the 2. Black Fleece itself isnt consistent, as I wear anything between a 0 and a 2 depending on garment. Even sizes within the same kind of gear (ie: a jacket) arent consistent. BF is the one brand that ideally you MUST try on irl, IME.

TB is more consistent for most part. 1 is a slim 36, 2 slim 38 etc.

I have size 0 Black Fleece coat, 2 or 3 in Thom Browne depending on what it is, and to further confuse things a size 1 in Moncler Gamme Bleu jacket. It's all fucked up.

FStyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Guy from Shanghai
In my experience, TB1 = BB0. BB1 is much fuller than TB1.
^^What I thought. Thanks mate. Anyone have a differing opinion? Should I only size down 1? Also, I'm most commonly a 16/41 and thinking of going BB3. Am I estimating correctly? thanks all, FS EDIT: responses in b4 I finished my last poast.
smile.gif
think I'll try the BB3 and see what happens.

amplifiedheat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pro tip: If a designer invents a proprietary sizing system that looks suspiciously like women's sizing, he would be better off making women's clothes.

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've always been a TB size 1, but this season I tried on some 0 and they fit the same as previous 1s.

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IIRC Black Fleece sizing varies(d) between years.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads