• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Thom Brown vs Black Fleece Size/Fit?

FStyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I typically try not to start new threads in MC without exhausting my search efforts so pls pardon the waste of space if this has been posted before.

I need some direction on sizing for Black Fleece compared to Thom Brown (Mainly Shirting)

Are the TB and BB sizes in line w/one another?

ie: does TB4 = BB4? (I've heard from some that TB4 = BB3)

I have 2 TB4 shirts, both of which are darted and too slim for me, but never owned a BF shirt.

If anyone can lend a hand at describing BF's fit, I'd greatly appreciate it. are they typically darted as well?

No Spekulayshion please.
IIRC's become too much of a clustermuck and I need a definitive answer

bananananana

In Time Out
Reaction score
I don't find BBBF shirts to be that slim. The best fitting otr shirt for me is a 15.5 in RLBL. I find a BB2 to be fuller in the body and shorter.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
you cant compare the 2. Black Fleece itself isnt consistent, as I wear anything between a 0 and a 2 depending on garment. Even sizes within the same kind of gear (ie: a jacket) arent consistent. BF is the one brand that ideally you MUST try on irl, IME.

TB is more consistent for most part. 1 is a slim 36, 2 slim 38 etc.

I have size 0 Black Fleece coat, 2 or 3 in Thom Browne depending on what it is, and to further confuse things a size 1 in Moncler Gamme Bleu jacket. It's all fucked up.

FStyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Guy from Shanghai
In my experience, TB1 = BB0. BB1 is much fuller than TB1.
^^What I thought. Thanks mate. Anyone have a differing opinion? Should I only size down 1? Also, I'm most commonly a 16/41 and thinking of going BB3. Am I estimating correctly? thanks all, FS EDIT: responses in b4 I finished my last poast.
think I'll try the BB3 and see what happens.

amplifiedheat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pro tip: If a designer invents a proprietary sizing system that looks suspiciously like women's sizing, he would be better off making women's clothes.

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've always been a TB size 1, but this season I tried on some 0 and they fit the same as previous 1s.

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IIRC Black Fleece sizing varies(d) between years.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.