• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This Week's Shoe Damage Part #9

mussel

Reaction score
I love the 4800 last. The calf showcase it better than the suede, the calf really shows off the "chiselness" of the last. Is 4800 a new last?

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The_Foxx
Are the lobbs on the far right the ones that were discussed on the sales forum recently?

Nope. The ones from the sales forum discussion are the calf bretheren of the ones on the far left. Which hopefully will be featured in the next installment.
smile.gif

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mussel
I love the 4800 last. The calf showcase it better than the suede, the calf really shows off the "chiselness" of the last. Is 4800 a new last?

I know what you mean but you need to see the the suedes in person to see that the chisled toe really comes through beautifully. I'll try to take a stand alone shot to better highlight it.

Girardian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Truly, truly stunning. Each one is beautiful. As a collective ... they inspire lust and envy both.

designprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're all great! I'm favoring the Grant and the Mackay. I must say some of the collections I see on this site are beautiful and humbling. I was going to post some of mine, but this would inspire only yawns in comparison.

pkincy

Reaction score
Mr Aportnoy,

Are you a centipede?? <g>

You certainly could keep shoes on one.

Fabulous shoes!

Perry

Pink22m

Reaction score
Doesn't aportnoy also have something like 140 Borrelli shirts? A while back, there was a thread about the number of shirts that members own, and I seem to recall him posting that he had something like 400 dress shirts.

benecios

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Amazing!!I am really pleased with my own collection but yours must be one of the finest on the planet.I would be interested to see a list of what you own to whet our appetites until you can get the group photo together.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by benecios
Amazing!!I am really pleased with my own collection but yours must be one of the finest on the planet.I would be interested to see a list of what you own to whet our appetites until you can get the group photo together.

I appreciate your kind words benecios, pkincy, Z, designprofessor and giardian. I will try my best to post the full collection soon and to provide a list of models and lasts for refernce purposes.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pink22m
Doesn't aportnoy also have something like 140 Borrelli shirts? A while back, there was a thread about the number of shirts that members own, and I seem to recall him posting that he had something like 400 dress shirts.

blush.gif
lookaround.gif
blush.gif

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm working on the paperwork to get adopted, I don't know if Andrew knows about it yet.

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aportnoy,

I am very impressed with you JL collection. It sure messed up my head real good .. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Andrew, you out did yourself again. All of them are gorgeous, especially the 4800s.

Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I'd like it if you would gather them all in one place and take a picture of them. Love to see the whole collection at once.

That'd take up the whole grand staircase at the Met.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads