• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This Week's Shoe Damage Part #10

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
JM Weston Captoe derby antique tan
Edward Green (for RLPL) Mackay in coffee suede on the 888 last
Edward Green (for RLPL) Carter in dark oak on the 89 last
Grenson Masterpiece Punch Toe Oxford in antique burgundy
Allen Edmonds Bradley in burgundy shell cordovan

Hanseat

Reaction score
Lovely, as always.
inlove.gif

For some reason I especially love the flat laces on the Grensons.

With the Mackay I'm starting to think you're running out of styles of shoes to get so you get unusual leathers... Nice in the summer though.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, if only that carpet could talk, the tales it would have of fine shoes that have rested on its elegant fibres to be immortalised by the camera to feed the pr0nographic desires of the filthy savages on SF... (including myself )
laugh.gif
P.s. love that Grenson! Edit: Oh crap, I am almost at 1k posts. Err, I better get some actual work done
biggrin.gif
!

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Carter is absolutely stunning!! Is the Grenson MP wholecut? Love them.
inlove.gif
2 thumbs up to throw in the AE cordo for variety.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by von Rothbart
Carter is absolutely stunning!! Is the Grenson MP wholecut? Love them.
inlove.gif
2 thumbs up to throw in the AE cordo for variety.

Thanks VR...The Grenson is a wholecut and a really beautiful color too. The AE's come courtesy of another Forumite, thanks John!

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hanseat
Lovely, as always.
inlove.gif

For some reason I especially love the flat laces on the Grensons.

With the Mackay I'm starting to think you're running out of styles of shoes to get so you get unusual leathers... Nice in the summer though.

Much aprrecited! The Mackay photogrpahed hideously with all the detail basically lost. I've got to improve the lighting situation so that I don't ahve to use my flash which washes out (and lightens) everything.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd have succumbed to the Grensons' wily charms if they were available in my size
smile.gif

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by designprofessor
Top notch as usual! Do you get alot of mileage out of that color suede? How does it compare to darker shades as far as versitility?

Thanks for the kind words! I actually prefer lighter color suede and will were these with basically any color suit or trews. I only wear dark suedes with dark colors like charcoal and darker browns and olives.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
The Grensons really hold their own, don't they? And what a great deal.

Doc and Skalogre...The Grenson's are quite elegant and a beautiful color too. IMHO, these compare well to the John Lobb "Fardon" Prestiege punch captoes that I have. And your spot-on Doc, they were a steal and the seller literally got them to me from the UK in three days.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Very nice. I love the suede Mackay, and the Bradley holds its own quite well in that group, I think. It looks surprisingly Aldenish in the picture.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads