• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

This Week's Shoe Damage Part #10

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
JM Weston Captoe derby antique tan
Edward Green (for RLPL) Mackay in coffee suede on the 888 last
Edward Green (for RLPL) Carter in dark oak on the 89 last
Grenson Masterpiece Punch Toe Oxford in antique burgundy
Allen Edmonds Bradley in burgundy shell cordovan

Hanseat

Reaction score
Lovely, as always.

For some reason I especially love the flat laces on the Grensons.

With the Mackay I'm starting to think you're running out of styles of shoes to get so you get unusual leathers... Nice in the summer though.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, if only that carpet could talk, the tales it would have of fine shoes that have rested on its elegant fibres to be immortalised by the camera to feed the pr0nographic desires of the filthy savages on SF... (including myself )
P.s. love that Grenson! Edit: Oh crap, I am almost at 1k posts. Err, I better get some actual work done
!

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Carter is absolutely stunning!! Is the Grenson MP wholecut? Love them.
2 thumbs up to throw in the AE cordo for variety.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by von Rothbart
Carter is absolutely stunning!! Is the Grenson MP wholecut? Love them.
2 thumbs up to throw in the AE cordo for variety.

Thanks VR...The Grenson is a wholecut and a really beautiful color too. The AE's come courtesy of another Forumite, thanks John!

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hanseat
Lovely, as always.

For some reason I especially love the flat laces on the Grensons.

With the Mackay I'm starting to think you're running out of styles of shoes to get so you get unusual leathers... Nice in the summer though.

Much aprrecited! The Mackay photogrpahed hideously with all the detail basically lost. I've got to improve the lighting situation so that I don't ahve to use my flash which washes out (and lightens) everything.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd have succumbed to the Grensons' wily charms if they were available in my size

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by designprofessor
Top notch as usual! Do you get alot of mileage out of that color suede? How does it compare to darker shades as far as versitility?

Thanks for the kind words! I actually prefer lighter color suede and will were these with basically any color suit or trews. I only wear dark suedes with dark colors like charcoal and darker browns and olives.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
The Grensons really hold their own, don't they? And what a great deal.

Doc and Skalogre...The Grenson's are quite elegant and a beautiful color too. IMHO, these compare well to the John Lobb "Fardon" Prestiege punch captoes that I have. And your spot-on Doc, they were a steal and the seller literally got them to me from the UK in three days.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Very nice. I love the suede Mackay, and the Bradley holds its own quite well in that group, I think. It looks surprisingly Aldenish in the picture.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 57 17.9%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 108 33.9%
  • 8”

Votes: 93 29.2%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 35 11.0%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 4.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.2%