This Week's Shoe Damage #8

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by aportnoy, Mar 30, 2006.

1. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

Thanks, I really want the 2002s in black. They fit really well - the 2-eye derby works well. The Lobb store "located" 2 pairs for me @ $1100 each [​IMG]
    (MSRP was $1050 way back when)

I know, the prices are nuts. I've got a pair in claret coming my way.

2. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

The problem with the Ebay Lobbs is that most don't come with their shoe trees, and honestly, there's something so satisfying about putting the lasted shoe trees in there and taking them out, I can't see myself buying them without them.

3. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

Awesome haul. Those Southwolds in particular are very pretty - I love that color and I love that 606.

As to the Balmuir II - how does the 350 last fit compared to the 337. I've been pondering placing an order for the C&J Portman, which is on the 350 (is the new Stanley on the 350 as well?)

4. aportnoy

Awesome haul. Those Southwolds in particular are very pretty - I love that color and I love that 606. As to the Balmuir II - how does the 350 last fit compared to the 337. I've been pondering placing an order for the C&J Portman, which is on the 350 (is the new Stanley on the 350 as well?)
    Thanks for the kind words Baron. For me, the 350 fits 1/2 size smaller than the 337. I am a US 8.5D and I take a UK7.5E on the 337 and an UK8E on 350. I believe you are correct on the Stanley being on the 350. I personally love the last.

5. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

I actually just checked the C&J Paris site and see that the Stanley is on the 337. I was at Barney's in Beverly Hills last week and saw that they are carrying the Stanley in dark brown suede this season. I wouldn't mind snatching a pair at the next warehouse sale.

6. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

My favorites are the EGs. Fine, fine shoes.

7. sysdoc

sysdoc Senior member

Well done, Andrew [​IMG]! Too bad we never met up in London! How was your trip btw? It seems you had Internet access all the time. Goes to show that these days every good hotel has wireless or at least wired broadband. I like your Lobbs best, but may I humbly mention that you got the lasts mixed up? The first and the last are on the 8000, the two middle ones on the 7000.[​IMG]

8. aportnoy

Well done, Andrew [​IMG]!

Too bad we never met up in London! How was your trip btw? It seems you had Internet access all the time. Goes to show that these days every good hotel has wireless or at least wired broadband.

Thanks sysdoc....I'm hopeful we meet on the next go round.

I like your Lobbs best, but may I humbly mention that you got the lasts mixed up? The first and the last are on the 8000, the two middle ones on the 7000.[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

9. aportnoy

My favorites are the EGs. Fine, fine shoes.

Thanks Doc...much apprecaited!

10. JBZ

JBZ Senior member

I really like the Southwolds. I'm not even sure how or when I'd wear them, but I'd figure it out. Nice haul!

Not to spend your money or anything, but how about some loafers?

11. bengal-stripe

bengal-stripe Senior member Dubiously Honored

Too bad we never met up in London! How was your trip btw? It seems you had Internet access all the time.
    Yes, I remember, aportnoy was in London. He didn't post these pictures from London? Did he?

That means he must have travelled to London with his rug? Must be some kind of security blanket.

But then, for all I know, he might be travelling on the rug and it's one of those flying carpet thingies.
    Any other magic tricks up your sleeve, Mr Shoedini?

12. aportnoy

Any other magic tricks up your sleeve, Mr Shoedini?

Didn't you know that "A" stands for Aladdin?

13. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Great pics, as usual. Love the Lobbs, particularly the Vintage 2005. Modern-vintage is selling a pair of the 2005s on eBay with a starting bid over $1,300 -- way too rich for my blood.

What size do you wear in JL?

14. aportnoy

Great pics, as usual. Love the Lobbs, particularly the Vintage 2005. Modern-vintage is selling a pair of the 2005s on eBay with a starting bid over $1,300 -- way too rich for my blood.

What size do you wear in JL?

Thanks AC. I can take a 7.5E or 8E in Lobbs. I have even been able to make a 7E work, once or twice.

15. sysdoc

sysdoc Senior member

Didn't you know that "A" stands for Aladdin?
    Bengal hit the nail on the head! You're Alladin with the magic shoe carpet [​IMG]! After closer inspection of your pics I finally picked my personal winner: * John Lobb Welham * Gotta get this one!!!! [​IMG]